1 Hour River Wild - Gentle Horse Ride
A gentle walking-paced horse ride in the stunning Dart Valley where you will witness beautiful braided glacial fed rivers and stunning untouched landscapes. At the head of Lake Whakatipu lies Glenorchy, the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park and Te Wahipounamu, one of New Zealand’s three World Heritage areas.
Internationally recognised for its exceptional beauty and untouched qualities, the area has been showcased in the Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as other big screen films.With more than 60 horses of various breeds and a team of guides with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Helmet, Boots, Gloves (in cold weather), Drizabone and Riding Jacket on Windy or Damp Days
What's excluded :
A delightful introduction to horse riding for children, first-time and intermediate riders. This gentle trek gives riders the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular sites of breath-taking Glenorchy as they build up their confidence on our friendly horses.
You will be sure to see glacier-fed rivers and some of the spectacular Middle Earth locations where scenes from Lord of the Rings were shot, and you can rest assured that the views are fantastic in every direction - we are on the doorstep to Paradise, after all.
Your journey departs from the Dart River Adventures Base Building (45 Mull Street, Glenorchy). From there you will be transported by a free shuttle/ bus to Deep Creek where you will be checking in and kitted up by the Dart River Stabled team. Once you have your riding boots and helmet (and possibly a rain coat), you will be expertly matched with a horse that suits your level of experience.
Departure Point :The Station Building Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.