13,000 Feet Tandem Skydive & Gannet Experience
Imagine the excitement of free-falling at a speed of 200+ km/hr with a spectacular and unique backdrop of both the east and west coasts of New Zealand. At 5,000ft, your parachute is opened and you slow to an extremely comfortable floating pace, allowing you to really take in the patchwork of emerald green fields and winding aqua waterways, peeking out from under the glorious, fluffy long white clouds. From high-adrenaline to relaxing pursuits, there’s something for every traveller. Head out to enjoy our Cellar Door & Lawn Bar experience with a visit to the Muriwai black sand beach.
Capture every moment of your experience in high definition, write a message on your hands, show off to your friends in freefall and get ready to change your profile picture!
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Admission to 3 hours guided skydive adrenaline experience
- All equipment included
- Lawn Bar and Cellar Door Experience
- Complimentary cellar door wine tasting (4 wines)
- Casual set tapas lunch at the Lawn Bar (pizzas and nibbles)
- Visit to Muriwai black sand beach and gannet colony
- The highest tandem skydive available in New Zealand
- Free fall at speeds of 200+ kmph
- 5 minutes gently floating in parachute from 5000ft
- Enjoy amazing views of both East & West coastlines, rainforests, and beaches
- Certificate of your skydive
- Float above the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea
- Shared platter and wine tasting at Cellar Door & Lawn Bar experience
- Amazing views along the Auckland’s west coast Muriwai black sand beach.
- Entry/Admission - Skydive Auckland Ltd.
- Entry/Admission - The Hunting Lodge Winery & Restaurant
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Skydive Auckland Ltd., 73 Green Road, Parakai 0874, New Zealand
Imagine the excitement of free-falling at a speed of 200+ km/hr with a spectacular and unique backdrop of both the east and west coasts of New Zealand. At 5,000ft, your parachute is opened and you slow to an extremely comfortable floating pace, allowing you to really take in the patchwork of emerald green fields and winding aqua waterways, peeking out from under the glorious, fluffy long white clouds. On touch down you will want to do it all over again!
Going to skydive for the first time? Our highly trained tandem skydiving instructors will give you an unforgettable experience.
Skydive Auckland use only the best equipment, and their impeccable safety record and intensive training means you will be well looked after. In the safe hands of your highly trained jump master, you will be fully guided through the amazing experience. Starting with pre-flight safety briefing and basic instruction, you are strapped to your jump master before taking off on a spectacular scenic flight.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The Hunting Lodge Winery & Restaurant, 305 - 307 Waikoukou Valley Road, Waimauku, Auckland 0882 New Zealand
We head out to enjoy our Cellar Door & Lawn Bar experience which is just a 15 minutes’ drive after the sky dive. This unique 80 acre estate is located in the heart of Auckland’s wine country with a Cellar Door & Lawn Bar, Restaurant and roaming gardens. The wines here aim to showcase the best wine regions yet also to capture the pioneering spirit of New Zealand wine and the search for something new and interesting. The result is that they evolve with the seasons allowing you to discover something new each time you visit.
Learn about the grapes and wines produced and bottled at this vineyard with a wine-tasting of four wines in the stunning Cellar Door. Then relax at the Lawn Bar with a shared platter offering a selection of locally sourced produce. After satisfying our taste buds, next you visit one of the region’s special places.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Muriwai Gannet Colony, 428 Motutara Rd Waitakere, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
Relax with a side trip through beautiful traditional rolling sheep and cattle country to visit the Muriwai black sand beach. We make a stop to get amazing views along the coast and talk about what makes the west coast Auckland beaches unique. See Gannets nesting and flying over rock outcrops and black sand beaches. The gannet colony is in residence from August to March. Here you get a close-up of the gannet colony without disturbing their environment. We then finish our way back after a wide variety of experience from adrenaline to unique.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, and any essential personal items.
- You must wear comfortable shoes that can be secured, such as trainers/sneakers.
- No previous experience required.
- There is no age restriction for tandem skydiving in New Zealand.
- Under 18 years of age, will need to bring a parent/guardian or a signed waiver.
- Most travelers can participate
- There is a 100kg weight limit.
- All necessary safety equipment provided, skydiving gear, harness, goggles.
- Due to strict regulations, customers are not permitted to take any objects with them including cameras. This is for the safety of customers, instructors and the general public.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, people with mobility impairments, people with heart problems, people with back problems & people over 220 lbs (100 kg).
- 20,000 feet skydives are limited to those aged 15 or over.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability to get some travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons