2-Hour Tongariro River Family Rafting Excursion in Turangi
Enjoy your first taste of river rafting on this leisurely 2-hour tour from Turangi. The ideal choice for families and first-time rafters, you'll paddle downstream, admire stunning views along the Tongariro River, and navigate some gentle rapids.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off Turangi only (if option selected)
- All equipment and instruction
- Coffee, tea, and snacks
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro River Rafting
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongariro River Rafting, 95 Atirau Road The Rafting Centre, Turangi 3353 New Zealand
Your adventure starts (and finishes later) at The Rafting Centre in Turangi. Here you will meet your guide for the day, have a safety briefing and get changed into all of the provided rafting gear. Leave your belongings with our trustworthy office team, jump aboard the bus and head out into the beautiful Tongariro region for your rafting adventure.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tongariro River, New Zealand
Soak up the scenery as you paddle down the lower section of the Tongariro River, where the gentle waters and small rapids offer the ideal terrain for a first-time rafting experience for young families. You may even spot native trout swimming in the river or the rare Whio (blue ducks). After a thrilling 90-minute rafting tour, relax by the riverside and refuel with a hot chocolate (included), before being taken back to our rafting base for a snack and a chance to view all the photos of your adventure.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :95 Atirau Road, Turangi 3334, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring swimwear and a towel
- All customers will be supplied with a wet-suit that must be worn when rafting
- No experience necessary: suitable for all abilities
- Minimum age is 3 years old
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.