3-Hour Private Photography Tour in Waitomo Caves
On our photography tours we provide beautiful natural New Zealand scenery both inside and outside of the glow worm caves, with an experienced guide.
These tours are “private”. That is, your group and your guide will be the only participants on the tour. On photography tours we take a minimum of two and a maximum of four people.
There are excellent photo opportunities, including beautiful glow worms. The cave system is one of only two in the Waitomo district that is classified by New Zealand's Department of Conservation as being of “International Significance”. And it is completely untouched!
On photography tours we allow larger cameras and other equipment like small tripods. And you have the freedom to take a lot more time over your photography than you do on our other tours. Photographing glow worms is challenging, and can take some time. The results though can be spectacular!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- All caving equipment and warm clothing including: thermal top, thermal pants, fleece top, shorts, gumboots, socks, helmet and headlamp
- Shower facilities for after the tour, if required
- Tea, coffee, and snack after the tour
- Entry/Admission - Glowing Adventures
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off
- Photography equipment (bring your own camera equipment)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glowing Adventures, 1199 Oparure Road, Waitomo Caves 3985 New Zealand
Maungarongapu Cave system
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1199 Oparure Road, Te Kuiti 3985, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for anyone with any mobility issues
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.