35-Minute Valley and Glacier Helicopter Tour from Mount Cook
The Southern Alps of New Zealand’s South Island offers one of the most visually spectacular glacier environments in the world. Experience the adventure of flying through the towering mountains of the Southern Alps in a an helicopter, with a glacier landing (10-15 minutes)
The Tasman Glacier is New Zealand’s largest glacier and flows from the Southern Alps southeast to the Mackenzie Basin. It is an unforgettable experience to view this glacier both from the air and on top of it, especially when the aircraft shuts down its engine, leaving you in the serene silence that this breathtaking beauty has to offer.
Beautiful views right from takeoff:
Tasman Terminal Lake
Grand Plateau and Plateau Hut
Landing in the mid-Tasman Glacier snowfields
Snow/ice all year round
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Experience the adventure of flying through the towering mountains of the Southern Alps. Exceptional views of Aoraki Mt Cook and the Hochstetter Icefall as you fly up the Tasman Valley. Explore the flawless and pristine Tasman Glacier and experience this unique alpine environment with 600m (1968.5 feet) of glacier ice beneath your feet.
Enjoy the comfort, safety and performance of our A355 Twin Engine Helicopters. Our pilots offer informative and interesting commentary throughout the flight to ensure you receive the best possible experience.
Enjoy other key highlights such as beautiful views right from take off, Landing in the mid Tasman Glacier snowfields, and Grand Plateau and Plateau Hut.
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included to ensure you have a wonderful experience.
Departure Point :Mount Cook Airport, Mount Cook Road, Canterbury 7999, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum number of 4 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to flight time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.