4hr Tauranga Scenic History and Tasting Tour FREE Kiwifruit Ice Cream
Departs 10:00am. Enjoy this 4 Hour boutique tour of Tauranga. Picking you up from right outside the Tauranga port gates the local guide accompaning you will serve as your expert, connecting you with the natural beauty, history, culture, industry and people of Tauranga. See amazing views, beautiful beaches, historical sites, orchards and experience the taste of our world-renowned Manuka Honey, Kiwifruit and Avocado industries. At the completion of the tour your guide will transport you back to the port gates.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Local driver/guide
- Manuka Honey, Kiwifruit and Avocado oil tastings
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Free Locally made Kiwifruit Ice cream
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Stop At: Tauranga, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Departing along Pilot Bay you will see views across the Tauranga harbour to the city, Matakana Island and Mauao the iconic landmark mountain where there is evidence of early Maori settlements and hear the Maori legend of how Mauao got his name.
Leaving Pilot Bay, you will cross over to one of New Zealand’s most popular beaches "The Mount Main Beach" home of surfing, professional beach volleyball and surf lifesaving competitions plus a popular beach spot for locals and visitors to enjoy. Listen to the history of the Bay of Plenty and how the first peoples to arrive here made this beautiful place their home.
Crossing over the Tauranga harbour bridge you will go through the Port of Tauranga and hear about how industry has shaped Tauranga to be the busiest port in New Zealand.
In Tauranga you will see some of the earliest European settlement buildings in New Zealand, hear about the settlement of Maori and Europeans in the Bay of Plenty and see how Te Papa peninsular has developed into the city of Tauranga as it is today.
Leaving Tauranga via the eastern end of the harbour, you will travel out into the countryside to Comvita the home of the world-renowned Manuka honey. Hear the story behind one man's passion to blend nature, health and wellness together and sample some of the many products available for purchase.
A short drive will take you to Kiwifruit Country where you will hear about the Kiwifruit industry, sample fruit, juices, jams, chutneys, ice cream and pick up a memento of your visit.
Finally, it’s a brief stop at an Avocado orchard to see how this amazing tree produces one of the worlds super foods and sample some of the local avocado produce, then we head back to Mount Maunganui to the finish of your tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1 The Mall, Bay of Plenty 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Tauranga CBD and Mount Maunganui accomodation
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Limited Mobility aid accessibility - please discuss with tour operator at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passengers must be able to embark/disembark with minimal assistance.
- Infant seats available on request. Please discuss with tour operator at time of booking. (booster is on board at all times)
- Please advise if travelling with a stroller or mobility aids.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized