55-Minute Grand Circle Helicopter
Soar through the sky on this 55-minute scenic Helicopter experience through the Mt Cook and Westland National Parks flying over the Fox, Franz Josef and Tasman Glacier, included a glacier landing (10-15 minutes). The ultimate way to see the Southern Alps and a bucket list flight.
Check in closes 45 minutes prior to the flight time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The ultimate way to see the Southern Alps. Traverse the Main Divide to the West Coast and view the breath-taking landscape of the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Track north along the Tasman Sea before recrossing the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps to the Tasman Glacier. Enjoy the stunning views of the Mt Cook National Park as you track south down the Tasman. Fly through the Grand Plateau and the Hochstetter Icefall as you pass under the east face of Aoraki Mt Cook before descending over the Tasman Terminal Lake.
Key highlights include beautiful views right from take-off, a glacier snow landing, views of Mt Cook, Mt Tasman and Mt Sefton, stunning views of the West Coast of New Zealand, hochstetter Icefall, Grand Plateau and Plateau Hut, Snow/ice all year round, and the aircraft will completely shut down on landing, really giving you a chance to soak in the atmosphere.
Departure Point :Aoraki Mount Cook Aviation Services, 22 Dehavilland Drive, Pukaki, Airport, Twizel 7901, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum of 4 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Departure time will vary daily depending on bookings and weather conditions
- Time of departure will be confirmed 24 hours prior to date of flight
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to flight time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.