Adventure Quad Bike Tour
Tucked under the majestic Southern Alps on New Zealand's rugged untamed West Coast sits Franz Josef village and the magnificent Franz Josef Glacier offering spectacular mountain views & dense rainforest. This is where you will experience a total 2-hour quad bike adventure.
Imagine following ancient glacial pathways carved into the landscape by ice and water and the thrill of driving quad bikes through this wild place. You will be amazed at what is around every twist and turn as you are guided through rainforests, riverbeds, grasslands, sand and mud. Feel the thrill of fresh air in your face and the excitement of riding quads.
Total tour duration is 2 hours with up to 1.5 hours of fun-filled off-roading.
Please note that the passengers on the double quads do not get a chance to drive so if you want to drive we recommend everyone on single quads
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of helmet
- Wet weather gears (jackets and pants)
- Professional guide
- Quad bike tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Franz Josef Glacier, Glacier Access Road Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) New Zealand
Enjoy a truly memorable adventure as you ride with the guides to gain views of the Franz Josef glacier and its surrounding snow capped peaks.
Stop At: Across Country Quad Bikes, Main Road, State Highway 6, Franz Josef, Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7856 New Zealand
Once you have signed in at the office, you will be able to begin your adventure. After a short 5-minute walk down to the containers you will get dressed up in the provided wet weather gear, gumboots and helmet.
You will then have a short detailed safety brief before you will test your skills on the two test tracks. The journey will then take you through dense rainforest, riverbeds and grassland all with the back drop of the spectacular Southern Alps. There are plenty of selfie opportunities with a break halfway to give you some local information on the area.
This place is truly special, one of only a handful of places in the world where ice and forest meet in such a spectacular manner and the ATV quads are the ultimate way to view it all. The quad bike adventure is fun in the sun and even better in the rain.
Departure Point :Across Country Quad Bikes, 30 Main Road, Franz Josef / Waiau 7886, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Age: Minimum 8 years old (Passengers). Minimum 16 years old (Drivers).
- Booking needs to include 1 driver for each passenger
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.