Akaroa and Banks Peninsula Wild Penguins Tour
Enjoy the luxury and comfort of a top-of the range Mercedes Benz 4x4 bus as you journey from Christchurch proceeding into the rugged splendor of Banks Peninsula, You will really love stopovers at quirky Little Akaloa, Okains Bay Maori & Colonial Museum, and the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory. At your final destination, undertake a unique nature safari incorporating a wild penguin colony in their natural habitat, in the spectacular, award winning Wild Side Conservation area! Learn about the area’s native flora and fauna and Pohatu’s unique penguin conservation program. Be greeted by the farm’s friendly pet sheep and see wild White-Flippered penguins as Pohatu monitor nesting sites. Fully inclusive price includes pick up from major Christchurch city hotels, special lunch, morning & afternoon tea, nature safari, luxury mini-coach travel including on-board WIFI and USB & an entertaining, knowledgeable tour guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Morning & Afternoon tea, coffee, snack
- Live commentary on board & local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (central Christchurch hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Entry/Admission - Okains Bay Maori and Colonial Museum
- Entry/Admission - Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Entry/Admission - Pohatu Penguins
- Entry/Admission - Barrys Bay Cheese
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maossie Tours, Rolleston Avenue near intersection of Worcester Blvd, Christchurch 8013 New Zealand
This is the strating point for the tour for those not being picked up at their hotel. Enjoy fantastic scenery from a luxury mini-coach with WiFi and USB charging. Tour guide (English) provides all the local history, legends and stories.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Little River, Little River, Canterbury Region, South Island
Enjoy a morning tea break at the quaint Little River Gallery, where there is lots to see!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Little Akaloa 7583, New Zealand
Visit the unique historical church at Little Akaloa renowned for its location on a wooded cliff high above the bay, and for its stunning carvings in timber and Mt Somers stone depicting Maori designs
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Okains Bay Maori and Colonial Museum, Main Road Okains Bay, Christchurch 8161 New Zealand
Enjoy lunch (included) at, and admission this special and unique museum containing various Māori and colonial artifacts; amazing scenery; Māori and colonial village buildings
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 61 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pohatu Penguins, 8/2 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Penguins and Nature Safari / wildlife: enjoy an expert guided tour of the penguin colony by a local family of conservationists. The remote Pohatu is the largest Australasian Little Penguin colony on mainland New Zealand, where you will also meet the pet sheep gathered around the homestead while you are there!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
Visit to the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelle. See cheese being made through the glass walled factory!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Canterbury Museum (Christchurch), Canterbury 8013, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup available from any centrally located Christchurch hotel / motel. After hotel pick-ups, the distinctive Maossie Tours bus (black Mercedes) will parked and waiting alongside Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd. until the scheduled departure time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.