Akaroa Shore Excursion: Akaroa Harbour and Sheep Farm Local Tour
A 2.5 hour shore excursion which combines a guided local tour of Akaroa township and harbours with a tour of a working sheep farm. After being picked up from the Akaroa Wharf, your coach will travel through township and the inner bays of the Akaroa before arriving at a local cheese factory, for tastings, and travelling along the old volcanic crater rim for some magnificent views of the harbour and peninsula. Following a great photo opportunity, your driver will take you to a nearby local sheep farm where you'll be able to enjoy sheepdog work, a sheep shearing demonstration, and afternoon tea, all before returning reuniting you with your cruise ship.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Sheep Shearing Demonstration & Sheep Dog Work
- Afternoon tea
- Driver/local guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Coombe Farm
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akaroa Harbour, Canterbury, New Zealand
Drive through the beautiful Akaroa Harbour and learn some amazing facts about the history of this area of New Zealand before driving along Summit Road with stops along the way for great photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hilltop Tavern, 5207 Christchurch Akaroa Road, rd1, Duvauchelle 7591, New Zealand
Visit the Hilltop Tavern, close to the summit of the crater rim, which affords spectacular views and a short time for coffee or tea.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
A short stop will be made at the Cheese Factory in Barry’ Bay, at the bottom of the Hilltop, where delicious local cheese can be sampled and purchased.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Coombe Farm, 18 Old Le Bons Track, Takamatua Valley, Akaroa 7581, New Zealand
Drive along the inner bays to Coombe Farm and enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to touch, examine and photograph. A shearing demonstration has been arranged for you and afternoon tea will be provided.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.