Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula and Christchurch City Sights Tour
While your ship is in port in Akaroa Harbour, take a shore excursion to tour the scenic Banks Peninsula and visit the city of Christchurch. You’ll see how Christchurch is emerging from the devastation of the 2011 earthquake. Take a brief stroll through the city’s beautiful botanic gardens and admire New Zealand’s magnificent scenery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
After a some time at the Botanic Gardens, your driver will take you for a sightseeing tour of the central city and highlight the Earthquake damage of 2011. After which, stop for a 45 minute lunch break (own expense) in the city.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Lyttelton, Sh74, Christchurch New Zealand
Explore the township of Sumner (time permitting) and the beautiful port town of Lyttelton Harbour for beautiful sights of Governors Bay.
Pass By: Sign of the Takahe, 200 Hackthorne Road, Cashmere, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
Drive up the port hills to the Sign of the Takahe for stunning views of the city, Southern Alps, and Canterbury coastline (time permitting a stop will be made so you can walk to the viewing platform). Finally return to Akaroa in time for your tender with the cruise ship.
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Follow the safety guidelines as issued by the New Zealand Government and maintain good hygiene and social distancing measures. Do not travel if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms. If the city in which you are departing from is in alert level two, then please wear a facemask for all transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.