Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Sheep Farm Tour
Take a guided Christchurch city tour when your ship is docked in Akaroa port, and visit a traditional sheep farm to experience life in rural New Zealand. After seeing the Christchurch city sights, your Akaroa shore excursion takes you into the countryside to feed the animals, watch a sheep-shearing demonstration and see sheep dogs at work.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Sheep shearing demonstration
- Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Entry/Admission - Coombe Farm
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Depart the Botanical Gardens for a brief Christchurch City tour highlighting city landmarks and the rebuild of city centre after the 2011 Earthquake.
Stop At: Coombe Farm, 18 Old Le Bons Track, Takamatua Valley, Akaroa 7581, New Zealand
Head back through the rolling hills of the Banks Peninsula to visit a working sheep farm. Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to touch, examine and photograph. A shearing demonstration has been arranged for you and afternoon tea will be provided.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch-Akaroa Road, Christchurch 75810 New Zealand
Travel back to Akaroa via the Banks Peninsula to board your cruise ship.
Departure Point :Akaroa Dolphins, 65 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.