Akaroa Shore Excursion: Full-Day Private Custom Sightseeing Tour
MY MOST POPULAR PRIVATE TOUR. Rated 5/5
Bespoke private tour with a LOCAL - 16+ years experience. He'll share his 'special spots' not accessible by bus.
At a comfortable pace see the Bays, Little River, Lyttleton and Christchurch in this packed day of sightseeing.
If you decide to take in the alpaca farm tour...great decision. You won't be disappointed.
Make good use of some Self Directed Sightseeing: There's an extensive list of 'add-ons' if you want to make the most of your time in Christchurch ....add-ons that can include:
- Gondola ride and local history filled Time Tunnel ride with incredible 360 deg views, 1,500 ft up.
- Punting on the River Avon.
- International Antarctic Centre with huskies, penguins and the Hagglund ride...wow!!
Or you can simply wander, mingle and take in the atmosphere of the oldest yet soon to be the most modern and safest city in the world.
**** More than 4-5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement *****
***** Proud Member: ProGuidesNZ
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Light snacks
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Little River Rail Station
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Gondola
- Entry/Admission - International Antarctic Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
This tour brings Christchurch, The River Avon, Sumner, Lyttelton and Banks Peninsula to your fingertips.
The cities two cathedrals are laid bare for all to see....learn their future, see international restaurants, street art, Arts Centre, Art Gallery, the earthquake and firefighters memorials, Punting on the River Avon and the envy of NZ, the $1million Margaret Mahy Children’s Playground. Wow!! Gardens and rich English architecture are a feature of this locals tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Little River Rail Station, State Highway 75, Christchurch To Akaroa Road, Little River State Highway 75, Little River New Zealand
History and locally made handcrafts galore. The Rail Musem, Manuka Honey and the Silo Motels...all to be seen and visited in Little River.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Lyttelton, Sh74, Christchurch New Zealand
History of the first British settlers arriving here, the Leper Colopy, Quail Island, sailing and views of the second largest sea port in New Zealand.
Stop At: Christchurch Gondola, 10 Bridle Path Road, Christchurch 8022 New Zealand
Optional extra...stunning 360 degree views 1,500 ft up and the Time Tunnel experience....exceptional!
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Sumner Beach (Cave Rock), The Esplanade Sumner Beach, Christchurch 2004 New Zealand
The seaside suburb with huge hillside houses and beautiful gardens. Sailing, windsurfing and swimming are featured in Sumner.
Stop At: 38 Orchard Road International Antarctic Centre, Christchurch 8053 New Zealand
This working delight features, snow, ice, huskies, penguins, the 4 D Theatre and the incredible Hagglund ride. Learn about the International Antarctic Program partnered with the United States. Maybe see some of the huge aircraft at the airport across the road that transports people and cargo to Antarctica.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Hagley Park, Riccarton Avenue City Central, Christchurch 8001 New Zealand
The largest city centre park in New Zealand featuring 17 different sports grounds, a golf course, the River Avon, the award winning botanic gardens – all in all a beautiful asset protected by legislation and situated right in the middle of the city.
Optional Extra - Take a tour of these cities award winning botanic gardens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
**** More than 4/5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****Ports
- Akaroa Port
- Lyttelton Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Refunds: 80% of fare will be issued if tour / activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship. We recommend you carry comprehensive travel insurance for all travel bookings.
- This is a PRIVATE not shared tour. 2 - 4 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Our tour wagon is a 4 seater modern air conditioned vehicle...enjoy the comfort.
- Wheelchairs - Collapsible type ok. Passengers must be able to transfer with assistance.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.