All-inclusive shore excursion: Geysers & Authentic Maori Cultural Experience
Our tour is small and intimate, with expert local driver guides. We guarantee you a fun and relaxing day out experiencing the best of Rotorua's Maori culture and geothermal activity. Complementary hangi sampler meal (comprising of chicken, kumara, potato and corn) - cooked by mother nature, courtesy of in-ground steamboxes and mineral pools.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Sample local cuisine: A complementary Hangi Sampler meal, cooked by steam vents and hot pools.
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Discover the best of Rotorua’s cultural and geothermal highlights on this cruise excursion from Tauranga to Whakarewarewa - The Living Māori Village. This is an unforgettable New Zealand ‘Must Do’ experience.
Your experience at this charming village comprises of: A guided tour with a local, where you’ll learn about Maori customs and traditions, as well as insights into a unique lifestyle on a geothermal landscape. Enjoy a delicious hangi sampler meal, cooked by steam vents and hot pools and be enchanted by a cultural performance, featuring the spine tingling haka.
* Pickup and drop-off to the Port of Tauranga
* Guided tour of Whakarewarewa village with a local guide: Learn about Māori culture, traditions and the history of life on a geothermal landscape
* Sample local cuisine: A complementary Geothermal Hangi Sampler meal, cooked by steam vents and hot pools
* Half hour kapa haka/Māori cultural performance
WHAT TO EXPECT
Maximise your time, and eliminate hassle, by pre-booking a cruise excursion with experts, Scott Tours, to experience Rotorua’s geothermal and cultural highlights. This is an unforgettable experience, suitable for all ages.
You’ll be in safe hands with one of our down-to-earth, knowledgeable and friendly guides. We’ll pick you up at the Port of Tauranga in an air-conditioned mini-van and we’ll then start making our way to Whakarewarewa – The Living Māori Village, New Zealand’s most iconic and authentic Māori cultural experience.
With an on-board personalised commentary, sit back and relax as we begin our journey with an overview of NZ’s holiday paradise and surf capital, Mount Maunganui, a glorious beach with golden white sand as far as the eye can see. We will travel through kiwi fruit orchards, past lush pine forests and tranquil lakes before arriving at our destination, Rotorua.
We’ll spend approximately 2.5 hours at Whakarewarewa where we will enjoy a guided tour with a friendly local. Here you’ll gain intimate and personal insights into Māori culture and traditions, as well as learning how locals have lived at this fascinating geothermal village for centuries, using Mother Nature’s forces for cooking and bathing. You’ll be fascinated by the thermal landscape made up of bubbling mud, steaming mineral pools and erupting geysers, including Pōhutu Geyser, the largest geyser in the Southern Hemisphere. This erupts up to 100 feet (30m).
Sample some local delicacies with a hangi sampler taster meal, cooked in the Village’s hot springs and steamboxes. This is a unique meal that you won’t experience anywhere else! Whakarewarewa’s kapa haka, or Maori cultural performance, with traditional song and dance, including the fearsome haka, is always a highlight of our tours.
Time permitting, after we farewell Whakarewarewa, on our way back to the Port of Tauranga, we’ll pass by some of Rotorua city’s most iconic sights: The Government Gardens; Mineral spring ‘Rachel’s pool’ which has an average temperature of 212 degrees; the historic bath house Blue Baths’ as well as lake front drive by of Lake Rotorua. We’ll pass by kiwi fruit orchards where you’ll see kiwi fruit growing on the vines, with the opportunity of tastings and purchasing product made from kiwi fruit.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure from Salisbury Wharf Car Park right outside the Port of Tauranga, Mt Maunganui. Returns are to the original departure point (Note, we have never missed a cruise ship departure yet!)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.