Aoraki Mt Cook x CHCH via Lakes Tekapo & Pukaki - private day tour 2 - 4 ppl
Aoraki / Mt Cook Bespoke, escorted private tour for up to 4 people by your guide with over 16 years experience and a lifetime of stories.
- Can start in Aoraki/Mt Cook or Christchurch
- Visit Aoraki / Mt Cook Visitor Centre and Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre - amazing!
- See Mt Cook close-up Height 3,724 mtrs ( 12,217 ft )
- Lakes like you've never seen before...close up.
- Pastures, lakes and photostops like you've never seen.
- "Every minute a great memory" guaranteed. Promise!!
- Large modern air conditioned vehicle w/ pure NZ lambs wood seat covers.
- This area will blow you away!
***** No stress, we drive, you relax & enjoy. Perfect!
**** More than 4 or 5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****
**** Proud Member: ProGuidesNZ
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (15% Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Having collected you from your accommodation you may like to take a short drive around the central city before heading south west to Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Pass By: Geraldine Cinema, Talbot St, Geraldine New Zealand
In central Geraldine visit the local craft shops and Barkers, home of local condiments, jams and fruit juices.
Pass By: Fairlie Heritage Museum, 47-49 Mount Cook Road, Fairlie 7925 New Zealand
Instead of the museum you may like to visit the Fairlie Bake House for some of the best award winning pies in New Zealand.
Stop At: Three Creeks, 2119 Fairlie-Tekapo Road, Burkes Pass 7987 New Zealand
Three Creeks in Burkes Pass offers an interesting shopping experience in the heart of the MacKenzie Country.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Tekapo 7945 New Zealand
A most stunning lake - an integral part of the hydro power scheme so famous in this area. Visit the iconic Church of the Good Shepherd and McKenzie Dog Statue See the Tekapo Military Camp where it can get down to -15 deg during winter.
Stop At: The Church of the Good Shepherd, Pioneer Drive, Lake Tekapo 7999 New Zealand
Designed to give the impression of quiet strength and simplicity the building embodies the essential qualities of the early settlers who endured the tough Mackenzie Country environment. Our modest stone church was built firstly to the glory of God and secondly, as a memorial to the pioneers of the district.
There is even time to dip your toes in the fresh water of the lake.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Mount John University Observatory, 422 Godley Peaks Road, Lake Tekapo 7999 New Zealand
As time permits, we could visit the new Dark Sky Project and the Cowan's Private Observatory or climb to the top of Mt John and visit the observatory and wonder at the views from the top.
Pass By: Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
The glacial feed to the lakes gives them a distinctive blue colour, created by glacial flour, the extremely finely ground rock particles from the glaciers. Lake Pukaki covers an area of 178.7 km², and the surface elevation of the lake normally ranges from 518.2 to 532 metres above sea level.
Lake Pukaki reaches out to the foot of Mt Cook.
Stop At: Aoraki Mount Cook National Park Visitor Centre, 1 Larch Grove, Mt. Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu) 7999 New Zealand
At the Hermitage Hotel visit the Sir Edmond Hillary Centre.
Discover the history of this iconic region. A tribute to Sir Edmund Hillary, humanitarian, ambassador and one of the world's greatest explorers, the centre showcases the Aoraki Mount Cook region, its people and its place in the universe.
The Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre's 126-seat custom-designed theatre is the world's only theatre with 2D, 3D and a Digital Dome Planetarium, contained within the same space.
In the foyer of the theatre you'll find our museum showcasing the history of the Mount Cook region through transport, climbing, The Hermitage Hotel and pioneer extraordinaire, Sir Edmund Hillary himself.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
**** More than 4-5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****Happy to meet guests at any location if advised during booking process.Airports
- Christchurch Intl Airport, Christchurch New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.