Arthur's Pass / Lord of the Rings x CHCH or Lyt Pvt Full Day Tour 2 to 4 ppl
Rolling Canterbury farmland lead you into this spectacular wonder of Mother Nature and the filming locations of many Lord of the Rings scenes.
You can have your photo taken with some very recognisable LOTR memorabilia.
Instantly recognisable by their grandeur, the Southern Alps divide the East from the West of the South Island of New Zealand. Forming part of the ‘Ring of Fire’ also known as the San Andreas fault line, be swallowed up with the share enormity of this stunning mountain range.
Braided rivers, sheep, cattle, highly productive farmland, mountains and limestone formations, 30 million years in the making, make this tour a once in a lifetime event.
It's flora and fauna is extraordinary.
No stress, we drive, you relax & enjoy. Perfect!
**** More than 4 or 5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****
Your driver/guide is a proud member of ProGuides NZ
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Otira Viaduct Lookout
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Take in the exciting $50 billion dollar rebuild…including a visit to the Christ Church Cathedral and the Catholic Cathedral. Christchurch will be the most modern and safest city in the world when the rebuild is complete. You’ll see history, architecture, street art, The Transitional Cardboard Cathedral and the envy of every child…the Margaret Mahy Playground plus much, much more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre, State Highway 73, Arthur's Pass National Park 7654 New Zealand
Nestled in the heart of the Southern Alps and the backdrop of many Lord of the Rings adventures, Arthur’s Pass is quaint, friendly and our place for lunch (own cost).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Otira Viaduct Lookout, Arthur's Pass Road, SH73, Arthur's Pass National Park New Zealand
Built 1999 The Otira Viaduct is one of man’s major engineering feats. The terrain and weather conditions made the construction of this vital link with the West Coast treacherous but necessary. Build on budget it was opened by the then Prime Minister – Jenny Shipley on the 6 February 1999.
We'll also stop at the nearby spectacular Devils Punch Bowl Falls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rewi Alley Memorial Park, Tawera Lane, Springfield 7681, New Zealand
This great man grew up in the area and is immortalized by this memorial.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Devils Punchbowl Walking Track, Punchbowl Road, off State Highway 73, Arthur's Pass National Park New Zealand
Shearsided mountains, mist and lush bush share this very impressive Devils Punchbowl waterfall with you. The fit can walk the excellent track to the falls or we can admire it from bridge on the track.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Minimum 2 travellers.**** More than 4 or 5 people in your group? Larger groups by arrangement - ask for a quote.****Let us meet you at your Christchurch accommodation or from your cruise port. Ports
- Lyttelton - Christchurch
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible if person is able to transfer
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.