Auckland City Highlights Experience
Experience yourself why the city of sails, our super city Auckland consistently has come in third place in a new survey that ranks the world’s most liveable cities? No wonder, Auckland is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, has great food on offer, and is rich in cultural diversity. There are so many ways to experience Māori culture in Auckland, that give you an insight into Māori history, traditions and beliefs, through to contemporary Māori art at local galleries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit to One Tree Hill
- Visit to Mt. Eden Volcanic Summit
- Auckland Museum & War Memorial Guided Experience
- Coastal Drive covering Tamaki Drive, Mission Bay, Kohimarama & St. Heliers
- Visit to Bastion Point
- Visit to Achilles Point
- Iconic Harbour Bridge
- Mt. Victoria
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- Entry ticket to Auckland war memorial & museum
- Entry/Admission - Auckland Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie), 670 Manukau Road Epsom, Auckland Central, Auckland 1023 New Zealand
Visit One Tree Hill and explore the 182 metre high Volcanic Peak. The second highest volcanic peak in Auckland, One Tree Hill offers excellent 360 views over Auckland and has a huge obelisk at the top.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Access off Hillside Crescent Mount Eden Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1024 New Zealand
The Mt. Eden walk is an easy 2k walk that will take you around 1 hour to complete. Just 5 km from down town Auckland it's the highest volcano in Auckland on Mt Eden. The last eruption was about 15,000 years ago, leaving a crater 50 metres deep. Walk to the top of Mt Eden Volcano, there you'll get a 360° view of Auckland so long as the rain stays away.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Auckland Museum, The Auckland Domain, Parnell, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
The Auckland War Memorial Museum Tāmaki Paenga Hira (or simply the Auckland Museum) is one of New Zealand's most important museums and war memorials. Its collections concentrate on New Zealand history. Explore some of the best Auckland Museum has to offer on our Highlights guided tour! Feed your curiosity as our local guides share their knowledge and introduce you to our various galleries. Journey through Aotearoa, learning of its' people and their place in the Pacific. Discover the remarkable flora and fauna found from north to south and delve into the conflicts that have shaped the nation. You'll also find out about one of New Zealand’s finest heritage buildings, the Museum itself! The Auckland Domain is Auckland's oldest park, and at 75 hectares one of the largest in the city. Developed around an extinct volcano, it features tropical gardens, duck ponds and public art and is also home to Auckland’s war memorial museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
Bastion Point offers magnificent views out over the Hauraki Gulf and Waitematā Harbour, as well as back to central Auckland. It’s one of the best places in Auckland to take photos of the skyline and harbour. As the name suggests, its position overlooking the harbour makes it an ideal defence point for the city. The Māori name for this area is Takaparawhā. This scenic area includes the Savage Memorial, which commemorates Michael Joseph Savage, one of New Zealand’s most beloved prime ministers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Achilles Point, Cliff Road St Heliers Bay, Auckland Central, Auckland 2004 New Zealand
Achilles Point was originally named Te Pane o Horoiwi (the head of Horoiwi) due to the Maori history of the site. It was renamed by the council in 1940 in honour of the New Zealand crewed ship HMS Achilles. The HMS Achilles defeated the German cruiser Graf Spee in the 1939 Battle of the River Plate, the first major naval battle of World War II. Achilles Point has great views of the Waitemata Harbour, and of course the Gulf Islands. Not so much a venue for actvities, but the views say it all..
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Tamaki Drive, Tamaki, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Coastal Drive through Kohimarama, Mission Bay and Tamaki Drive before proceeding to Auckland’s North Shore.
Stop At: Mount Victoria Reserve, Kerr Street, Devonport, Auckland New Zealand
Drive through Auckland City’s Iconic Harbour bridge and Visit Mt. Victoria located in Devonport. It’s easily accessible by foot and the walk typically takes around 10-20 minutes – depending on how many times you stop and admire the views! At the summit of Mount Victoria you’ll find one of Devonport’s disappearing guns, one of only a few left in the world. Historically, Mt. Victoria has a number of artillery emplacements and various concrete bunkers, one of which is now a music venue for the Devonport Folk Club. Loved by locals and visitors, Mount Victoria is one of the best vantage points in all of Auckland. Enjoy spectacular views of the Auckland City Skyline and the stunning Waitemata Harbour – have your camera ready!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location in Auckland City :Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.