Auckland City Highlights Small Group Tour
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
This small group, fully guided day trip combines the best of both culture and Auckland landmarks together to form the ultimate Auckland experience. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in a modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small Group and Fully Guided Tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Optional extras and activities - please select the tour option you want at time of booking
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
After hotel pickups your tour starts by visiting the memorial Te Toka O Apihai Te Kawau on Auckland's famous waterfront celebrating the birth of our beloved city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
After setting the scene of Auckland’s beginnings we will take the scenic route along Tamaki Drive learning about the cities first explorers before arriving at our first official stop, the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park at Bastion Point, named after one of New Zealand’s most apotheosized prime ministers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mission Bay, Mission Bay, North Island
Departing from this beloved of memorials we continue along the coast and past Mission Bay, a local favourite for restaurants, walks or maybe an ice cream and swim in summer. As we travel your guides will point out some of the most iconic sites and volcanoes in Auckland.
Stop At: Achilles Point, Cliff Road St Heliers Bay, Auckland Central, Auckland 2004 New Zealand
Our journey along the coast continues to our next official stop, Achilles Point. Offering stunning elevated views of the Waitemata Harbour and Auckland’s most famous volcano, Rangitoto, the guardian of the harbour. Rangitoto is not only the biggest of the 48 volcanic cones in the Auckland region but also the most recent to have erupted.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
After admiring one of the best views in Auckland we head towards Auckland Domain. On our way we pass through the boutique suburb of Parnell, one of the city’s oldest suburbs restored in the colonial style. Auckland Domain, the oldest and largest park in the city, is home to the Auckland War Memorial Museum, spectacular tropical gardens and idyllic ponds.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Eden, Mount Eden, North Island
Our adventurers next stop is the cities highest natural point. We pass through the hustle and bustle of Newmarket and its trendy fashion shops on our way to the must-see Mt Eden. Being the largest of the on shore volcanic cones and the highest natural point in the city it boasts some impressive views that we will take full advantage of with a walk to the summit.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: SkyTower, Victoria Street Corner Federal Streets, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
After conquering Mt Eden, we will make our way back to the heart of the city, along Karangahape Road and the famous Queen Street before ending your tour underneath the iconic Sky Tower. If you wish to continue your adventure we have several recommended add-ons to extend your day exploring Auckland and the region.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :SkyCity Hotel Auckland, 72 Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up times are as follows:Cordis - 30 minutes before tour start timeFour Points by Sheridan - 25 minutes before tour start timeSkyCity Hotel - 20 minutes before tour start timePullman - 15 minutes before tour start timeGrand Mercure - 10 minutes before tour start timePort of Auckland pick up is at Grand Mercure. Please be ready to go from the Grand Mercure 10 minutes before tour start time. Ports
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children below 7 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with at least 24 hours noticce).
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel (if planning to drink alcohol).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.