Auckland Marine Safari Experience
Experience the diverse and abundant wildlife of the stunning scenery of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park with Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari, an incredible eco cruise direct from downtown Auckland. Enjoy whale watching, dolphin encounters and an abundance of seabirds while learning from on-board experts and directly supporting our conservation efforts. Sail aboard a luxury catamaran and benefit from guaranteed whale and dolphin viewing year-round as the perfect complement to your stay in Auckland. Share our unique Marine safari – unforgettable from the moment you leave our central city wharf! Along with this take an underwater journey through the world famous Sea life unique aquarium and discover a diverse collection of aquatic life up close.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to Sea Life Aquarium- sub Antarctic penguin colony
- Admission to 4.5 hours Whale & dolphin watching safari
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
- Relax aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran with on-board cafe/bar
- Coastal Drive Through waterfront Tamaki drive
- Explore the world's largest sub-Antarctic penguin colony
- Witness New Zealand's largest collection of Sharks in the first underwater tunnel
- See the worlds' largest species of stingrays
- Explore Seahorse Kingdom with the world's only display of Spiny Sea Dragon
- Entry/Admission - Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari
- Entry/Admission - SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari, 175 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
This is New Zealand’s most interactive whale and dolphin watching experience! An incredible eco-safari direct from downtown Auckland, as well as being a top Auckland attraction, this safari is a truly unique New Zealand conservation experience. There’s no need to travel far to have a world-class wildlife adventure. With over 1/3 of all marine-mammal species seen here. Auckland is the perfect place for that once-in-a-lifetime encounter you’ve always dreamed of. Best of all it’s right on Auckland’s doorstep and waiting for you to explore it!
Leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind and travel aboard Dolphin Explorer into the expansive and rich Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Our family-friendly 4.5 hour wildlife marine eco-safari offers so much more than just whale and dolphin watching and will be the highlight of your trip to Auckland. Get up close to personal viewing of whales dolphins and other wildlife amid the stunning scenery of Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
A stop at Bastion Point lookout offers magnificent views out over the Hauraki Gulf and Waitematā Harbour, as well as back to central Auckland. It’s one of the best places in Auckland to take photos of the skyline and harbour. This Savage Memorial commemorates Michael Joseph Savage, one of New Zealand’s most beloved prime ministers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Achilles Point, Cliff Road St Heliers Bay, Auckland Central, Auckland 2004 New Zealand
Drive through the coastal road to Achilles Point a great vantage point for gazing over Auckland Harbour and the Hauraki Gulf. Traditional Māori carvings honour important historical chiefs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium, 23 Tamaki Drive Ōrākei, Auckland Central, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
See New Zealand's unique aquatic life up close, including New Zealand's largest collection of sharks, gigantic stingrays, and beautiful seahorses. Watch the cool and calm king penguins and cheeky gentoos interact and swim past as you walk through the Penguin Ice Adventure exhibit. Touch a starfish or two at our Rockpool. The stunning new Seahorse Kingdom exhibit features the world's only display of spiny sea dragons, while other displays include New Zealand's only live jellyfish display, tropical fish, bizarre crustaceans and much, much more.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, , Sun protection, shower proof jacket/warm layer & essential personal items.
- Suitable for people of all ages with easy and good fitness level required.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great experiences photos.
- Flash photography is not permitted inside sea life aquarium as this can scare and harm sea creatures.
- This tour is not suitable for heavily pregnant women. Children under 5yrs are suitable for the trip only if closely supervised by a parent or caregiver.
- Lastly, please bring flat soled shoes. Anyone wearing heels will be asked to remove them.
- Please inform us upon booking if you have any pre-existing medical conditions that we should be made aware of. All members of the crew are fully trained in first aid response.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.