Auckland Shore Excursion: Maori Tour and Cultural Performance
When your cruise ship docks in Auckland, enjoy a shore excursion to experience the best of the Maori culture. See the Tamaki Makaurau area (Auckland) with a highly knowledgeable Maori guide, and become immersed in New Zealand’s indigenous 'tikanga' (culture). You'll learn about a rich cultural heritage dating back hundreds of years and hear about the Maori leaders who helped shape New Zealand into a modern nation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group tour with max 15 people
- Snacks and beverages
- Port pickup and drop off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- While you're in port in Auckland, join this Maori-guided small-group tour to get a highly personalized experience of the city’s most famous sights and its surroundings from a first-hand Maori viewpoint. After being picked up from Auckland's port in a comfortable vehicle by your knowledgeable guide, travel through the Waitakere Ranges, learning about the native flora and fauna and their significance to Te Aao Maori (the Maori World). See a subtropical rainforest and windswept cliffs of the famous ‘Wild West Coast’ of Taihauauru, as well as Devonport, the final resting place of Patuone, one of the chief negotiators and signatories of Aotearoa/New Zealand’s founding document.
Take the Tamaki Drive and enjoy Auckland's most famous scenic waterfront drive, and then visit the Auckland Museum where you’ll get a chance to see the Maori Cultural Performance, including the famous Haka War Dance
Worry-free Shore Excursions:
We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland port of this activity. In the rare event that your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Skytower, Auckland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: Tour times are usually 9am to 5pm
- Please note this tour is not bookable for ages under 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.