Auckland to Bay of Islands Private Tour
Private Tour from Auckland to the stunning Bay of Islands, located about 3 hours north of Auckland, including stunning coastal scenery along the way. Discover Waitangi Treaty House, located within a reserve where New Zealand’s founding document, the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840. Enjoy a cruise around the bay including the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’. Return to Auckland or drop-off in the Bay of Islands.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 9am to 7pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to attractions.
- Entry/Admission - Bay of Islands Coastal Walkway - Okiato to Russell
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bay of Islands Coastal Walkway - Okiato to Russell, Russell Whakapara Road/Aucks Road, Russell New Zealand
The stunning beaches on our Bay of Islands Tour are often featured in the list of the world’s most beautiful beaches, but there is much more to explore. Our experienced Host-Guide will spend the day with you to explore what is also known as the birthplace of New Zealand.
On the morning of your tour day we will meet you at your Auckland accommodation in one of our Mercedes luxury vehicles. On the way north, we drive past stunning coastal scenery including extensive views across to the impressive “Hen & Chicken” Islands and Sail Rock. Arrive at the famous Bay of Islands and the seaside village of Paihia.
One of the Bay of Islands’ main attractions is Waitangi Treaty House, located within a reserve where New Zealand’s founding document, the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840. If you wish to add a cruise around the bay, the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ boat cruise and as an option swimming with Dolphins departs daily but this is subject to weather conditions. Your guide is able to assist you to decide on what you wish to see/do at your own discretion too and there are many options for interesting things to see and do.
To return to Auckland we drive approximately 3 hours back to your accommodation or we can easily extend the Full Day tour to a Multi-Day Tour to include more of the many unforgettable sights and activities that Northland has to offer. Northland is renowned for the world’s second largest tree species (the Kauri), which features prominently in the movie “Avatar”. We highly recommend, if time permits, our 2 or 3 night multi-day tour to include the Hokianga and Waipoua Forest areas of Northland and to incorporate a visit to the worthwhile Kauri Museum in Matakohe.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.