Auckland to Rotorua via Hobbiton Movie Set Tour - One Way
Travel south over the Bombay Hills to the Waikato region after morning pickup from your Auckland hotel. En route to Hobbiton, enjoy a quick stretch break and stop for morning tea (own expense) before arrival at the Hobbiton Movie Set, located in Matamata.
Your guide takes you through this working sheep farm, a prime filming location for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings movie series with incredible views overlooking the world’s biggest outdoor movie set.
Fans will love exploring the Shire, home to hobbit holes including Bilbo Baggins’s house.
Stop for photos in front of the Mill, the party tree and the double-arch bridge as you’re entertained with tales about the making of the films. Then head to the Green Dragon Inn for a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer.
After your tour of Hobbiton, you will be transferred to Rotorua by 1pm, allowing time to explore the city in the afternoon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hobbiton Movie Set entry and tour
- NZ$10 shopping voucher to be used in the Hobbiton gift shop
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Inner city Auckland accommodation pick up (selected hotels)
- Inner city Rotorua drop off (selected hotels)
- Drink inside the Green Dragon Inn
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
What's excluded :
- Lunch - The tour finishes in Rotorua at about 1pm allowing clients to get their own lunch.
- Snacks - Morning tea is not included but we do stop on the way to Hobbiton to allow clients to purchase a coffee or snack
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Your guided walking our around the 44 Hobbit holes includes the chance to take a photo in a Hobbit hole and stand by the gate to Bilbo's house - from here look out over the whole set and over the Party Tree to the Green Dragon.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Green Dragon™ Inn, Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
Departure Point :1: SkyCity Auckland, Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
2: VR Auckland City, 188 Hobson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from inner city Auckland accommodation included - please advise at time of booking if known and we can give you a pick up time.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :1231-1235 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum TWO adults required for this tour to run.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.