Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves One-Way Private Tour
See the magical Waitomo Glowworm Caves in one wonderful day on this private tour starting in Auckland and ending in Rotorua. Travel from Auckland to Rotorua and incorporate a visit to the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves into the journey, taking in the picturesque Waikato region and fertile lands of the King Country before you are dropped off in the Geothermal city of Rotorua.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: Auckland 9am to Rotorua 4pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fee to Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Caves Hotel, Access Road, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand
Combine a luxury transfer from Auckland to Rotorua with a visit to the amazing Waitomo Glowworm Caves at a time convenient to you and with flexibility to suit your interests.
The Waitomo Caves, which are located about 2.5 hours south of Auckland, is one of New Zealand’s most famous attractions. On this tour we travel via New Zealand’s famous Thermal Explorer Highway touring route, taking in the special region of Hamilton through the beautiful countryside of the Waikato and King Country.
As we drive southward, we show you sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of the famous Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. At Waitomo you will experience one of their amazing tours to explore the underground wonderland that is Waitomo Caves. The most popular option is the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves on a 45 minute tour, which includes a boat ride on an underground stream to view the magically dazzling glowworms.
Then continue on to Rotorua to drop you off after a great private tour where you have been able to see one of New Zealand’s most famous attractions. Please note we can also tour you around Rotorua in the following days with our intimate knowledge of this region and all of New Zealand, so please ask us!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Rotorua, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.