Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves Small Group Tour (One Way)
Visit two of the North Island’s most popular attractions in one day. Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Rotorua. This combo tour combines the best nature has to offer; the Glowworm Caves unique to New Zealand and the geothermal wonders of Rotorua. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all of our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journey that makes our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Waitomo Caves
- Glowworm Grotto Boat Ride - Waitomo Caves
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
explore the ancient and amazing caves with many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and Lime Columns before descending even further underground for your Glowworm experience. Board your Glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of Glowworms above you.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
One day tour from Auckland to the beautiful Waitomo Glowworm Caves and geothermal wonderland of Rotorua (One way trip).
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to Waitomo Caves. During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains, and see several different farm animals along the way.
Once in Waitomo you will explore the ancient and amazing caves, with it's many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and Lime Columns,
before descending even further underground for your glowworm experience. Board your glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of glowworms - which are unique to New Zealand - glittering above your head. Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a must see for any traveller.
We will continue our adventure with another fully guided journey south to Rotorua, with many more attractions to see along the way, including hydro dams, rivers
and lots more animals. Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites, including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue
Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa, before dropping you at your accommodation or a central Rotorua location.
Pass By: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
Enjoy a fully guided Rotorua City Highlights Tour including Lake Rotorua.
Pass By: Blue Baths, Government Gardens 1 Queens Drive, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
Enjoy a fully guided Rotorua City Highlights Tour including the Blue Baths.
Pass By: Government Gardens, Queens Dr 9 Queens Dr, Rotorua New Zealand
Enjoy a fully guided Rotorua City Highlights Tour including the Government Gardens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek main entrance)
- Ports of Auckland (pick up from M Social Hotel)
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice).
- Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.