Auckland to Rotorua via Waitomo Glowworm Caves Private Tour
Embark on a one way scenic tour from Auckland to Rotorua including the guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Cave, one of the North Island's most popular destination and be amazed with a magical underground boat ride along the Waitomo River through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by the twinkling lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
After pick up from city hotels in Auckland in the morning, we travel through the Waikato and King Country regions, passing by beautiful farmland & picturesque countryside. Our local driver guide will entertain you with interesting story of Waikato and point out the highlights along the way. Our van will stop at Rangiriri Heritage sight, where the final battle was fought between British forces and Maori king in 1863.
After the Glowworms caves tour, Journey to Rotorua continues, passing through the beautiful Fitzgerald Glade, where trees arch over the road form a tunnel of natural greenery. The tour concludes with complimentary hotel drop off in Rotorua.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Pick ups from Auckland CBD Hotels
- Hotel drop off at Rotorua
- Local Guide at Waitomo Glowworm caves
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, experience a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, series of limestone formation over 30 millions years ago & Magnificent 18 meter high caverns and other rock formations. Caves were first discovered in 1887 and are now one of New Zealand's must do destination in Waikato. The tour concludes with a magical underground boat ride along the Waitomo River through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by the twinkling lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up anywhere in Auckland cityAirports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.