Auckland to Sanctuary Mountain and Hobbiton Movie Set Private Tour
Private Tour from Auckland showing you untouched nature and wildlife at Sanctuary Mountain featuring the world’s longest predator-proof fence. Plus Hobbiton Movie Set, the most famous film location of the world-famous “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” movies combined into one exciting, privately guided Day Tour! Return to Auckland at the end of a great day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 8am to 6pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to Sanctuary Mountain and Hobbiton.
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
A fantastic mix of some of NZ’s most popular attractions which give this country its exceptional appeal for travelers: beautiful, untouched nature and wildlife at Sanctuary Mountain plus the most famous film location of “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” movies combined into one exciting, privately guided day tour!
After pick-up in Auckland at 8am and a beautiful drive from Auckland to Maungatautari / Sanctuary Mountain in the Waikato region of the North Island, let us show you another world of New Zealand’s environment in the magnificent ancient forest on Maungatautari / Sanctuary Mountain. It is the country’s most ambitious conservation project. The 3,400 hectare volcano, surrounded by the world’s longest predator-proof fence, contains a land as close to the pre-human New Zealand environment as it’s possible to find. We may listen to the birds’ songs and experience native wildlife in their natural habitat during an enriching guided bush walk.
After this highly-interesting walking tour, continue to the world-famous Hobbiton Movie Set. The original setting of Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings”- and “The Hobbit” movies lies in idyllic countryside with rolling green hills, sheep farms and wonderful views towards the Kaimai Ranges to the east. You will learn all about why this location was chosen as the location for Hobbiton, how it was made and which scenes were filmed here. You get to see the Hobbit Holes and Bag End, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and the famous Party Tree. Return to Auckland after experiencing two very different but equally fascinating attractions all in one inspiring day.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.