Auckland to Waitomo Caves Private Tour
Enjoy an amazing Private Tour from Auckland to Waitomo Caves, featuring one of New Zealand’s most famous attractions located about 2 ½ hours south of Auckland. Have a true Downunder experience to see the Glowworms Caves which is one of the must-see experience on your trip of lifetime to Aotearoa (New Zealand).
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up/drop-off in Auckland incl airport/cruise terminal.
- Tour times: 9am to 5pm (flexible)
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to attractions: Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- Other options such Black Water Rafting Cave Tubing and the Kiwi House in Otorohanga also available.
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Caves Domain
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Caves Domain, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand
The Waitomo Caves, which are located about 2 ½ hours south of Auckland, is one of New Zealand’s most famous attractions. On this tour we travel via New Zealand’s famous Thermal Explorer Highway touring route, taking in the special region of Hamilton through the beautiful countryside of the Waikato and King Country.
As we drive southward, we show you sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of the famous Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. At Waitomo you will experience one of their amazing tours to explore the underground wonderland that is Waitomo Caves. The most popular option is the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves on a 45 minute tour, which includes a boat ride on an underground stream to view the magically dazzling glowworms. There are other caving options too, such as Cave Tubing / Black Water Rafting. Here you can float, walk and swim along underground waterways on a big, inflated tube. This is for the more adventurous and is great fun!
On our private luxury tours, we offer the various Waitomo caving options separately to our private tour since we have found our guests like to be able to book the caving option they prefer – whether that is a gentle tour or an adventurous tour to explore the caves. However, we can certainly incorporate these into your booking with us. An option is also to visit the nearby Kiwi House in Otorohanga, where you can see the Kiwi, our national bird and emblem, as well as many of our flora and fauna. Please let us know if you would like us to incorporate this option. Return to Auckland at the end of a magnificent day exploring this world-famous part of New Zealand.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Victoria St West opp Sky Tower, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.