Bay of Islands Small Group Explorer Tour from Auckland
Our tours run in small groups, in modern mini-buses that are specially configured to enhance your tour experience. Our tour guides are locals who are passionate about New Zealand and the attractions & activities you’ll visit and do, and they’ll share their stories, facts and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop-down screens in all our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides’ stories to life. While the destinations you’ll visit are truly spectacular, it’s the little details that set our tours apart. Secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and wi-fi access in our tour vehicles are just some of the things you’ll enjoy. Our customer reviews reinforce that it’s not always just the destination that’s special, but the journey, too.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Small Group Tour
- Entry/Admission - Whangarei Falls
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
See some of Auckland's famous sites and learn about the city as you are guided out to start your tour.
Pass By: Auckland Harbour Bridge, Curran St, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Drive over our famous bridge and enjoy the amazing views.
Pass By: Northland Region, Northland Region, North Island
Travel through this rich farming area with amazing views of coast lines, farms and forests. Learn about the animals, culture and area.
Stop At: Whangarei Falls, Whangarei New Zealand
View these spectacular waterfalls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
The Bay of Islands boasts more than 140 beautiful sub tropical islands and the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, which is the site that the earliest contact between the indigenous population and European settlers took place in New Zealand.
Here you will head out for a half day cruise on the Explorer 'Discover the Bay' trip, which includes dolphin watching (whenever possible), a visit to the famous Hole in the Rock plus a BBQ lunch at a beautiful island beach. All of this while cruising and being guided with relaxed commentary through this breath-taking area.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Russell, Russell, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
New Zealands first capital this little Island (That's not really and Island) is full with history and wonders to see.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20-30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek main entrance, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.