Black Abyss Ultimate Waitomo Caving Adventure Experience
This is the most adventurous experience! If you have a “go big or go home” mantra then this Black Water Rafting tour is a must-do! A fun challenge! Experiences are all the more memorable when you push yourself out of your comfort zone or do something you have never done before. This tour definitely touches on all those aspects!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- Entry ticket with 5Hour Black Abyss Ultimate caving Guided experience
- All equipment is provided, including footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling & safety devices
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
The 5-hour Black Abyss tour packs all the most adventurous ways to make your way through a cave into one Black Water Rafting tour. An exhilarating caving experience blending the magic of abseiling, flying fox, climbing and floating through unique underground river system. Slip spider-like down into the black, seemingly bottomless depths of Ruakuri Cave and ride a roller coaster of everything caving has to offer. Explore and tube through ancient glowworm studded stream-ways. Underground snacks in the form for yummy New Zealand chocolate and a hot beverage to fuel you for the cave exploration ahead. . However, there’s no experience required, as you’ll have an experienced guide and be equipped with all the caving essentials!
This is the most adventurous tour! If you have a “go big or go home” mantra then this Black Water Rafting tour is a must-do! A fun challenge!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum weight restriction of 45kg+ apply
- Guides at Waitomo reserve the right to refuse to take anyone into the cave that they consider to be unsuited for the tour (e.g. physically incapable or too small).
- Participants must be 16 years old or over (proof of age may be required)
- Good and moderate fitness level is required
- Just bring yourself, your swimwear, a towel and a thirst for adventure.
- No caving experience is needed!
- The water temperature is 10-14C / 50-57F year-round so doing the activity in winter will feel almost the same as doing the activity in summer
- Photos are taken for you throughout the experience where you’ll get to view and purchase your photos at the end of the tour
- Cameras, including GoPros, can’t be taken on the tour
- Tours only run if it is safe, which is the vast majority of the time. However, prolonged heavy rain can result in rising water levels in the caves, in which case the tours would be cancelled.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.