Black Labyrinth Waitomo Black Water Rafting Adventure Experience
This popular tour takes approximately three hours with one hour underground and involves a combination of walking and floating on an inner tube through a unique underground river system.
Adventure without the adrenaline! The Black Labyrinth option gives you an awesome adventure without the scary challenges, it’s a shorter tour! If you’re travelling through the country on limited time but still want to squeeze in a Black Water Rafting adventure in, then this 3-hour tour is probably a better way to go.
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Admission to 3 hour Black Labyrinth - black water rafting guided experience
- All necessary safety equipment including footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- This caving experience is a great option for families
- 3 hours caving experience involves a combination of walking and floating on an inner tube
- You’ll be guided every step of the way by a professional guide
- Some sweet treats along the way, because who doesn’t love an underground snack?
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co’s original & most popular tour is the Black Labyrinth tour. This popular activity takes approximately three hours with one hour underground and involves a combination of walking and floating on an inner tube through a unique underground river system. Equipped with all the caving gear you need – wetsuit, helmet, footwear, and most important of all, meeting your friendly and passionate guides, it’s time to gear up and test out your tubing skills. Once you’re comfortable in your tube you’ll enter the cave through a hole in the rock & be straight into the underground waters. Spend the next 3 hours weaving around and climbing over rocks, jumping off not-too-high waterfalls, floating beneath a sky of glow worms, and most importantly, having the most fun you’ve ever had in the dark. Your guides will share stories of local Maori legends, how these limestone caves & their features have formed, as well as telling you the unusual life cycle of the glowworms.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum weight restriction of 45kg+ apply
- Guides at Waitomo reserve the right to refuse to take anyone into the cave that they consider to be unsuited for the tour (e.g. physically incapable or too small).
- Participants must be 12 years old or over (proof of age may be required)
- Good and moderate fitness level is required
- Just bring yourself, your swimwear, a towel, shower gel and a thirst for adventure.
- No caving experience is needed!
- The water temperature is 10-14C / 50-57F year-round so doing the activity in winter will feel almost the same as doing the activity in summer
- Photos are taken for you throughout the experience where you’ll get to view and purchase your photos at the end of the tour
- Cameras, including GoPros, can’t be taken on the tour
- Tours only run if it is safe, which is the vast majority of the time. However, prolonged heavy rain can result in rising water levels in the caves, in which case the tours would be cancelled.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons