Black Sand beach adventure day (Piha, Kitekite, Waitakeres)
Piha, Bethells, Muruwai are some of the most beautiful beaches in the world
Hundreds of kilometers of sand and nearly entirely empty of people. Wild, untamed, huge powerful waves crashing on jagged rocks.
Beautiful bush surrounding the entire region. Waterfalls, swamps, sand dunes, rocks to climb, caves to explore.
Our product, as much as possible, is designed to feel like you are having a 'day at the beach', and are not stuck on a guided tour. Unless you prefer that!
We will take you out to one of these beaches, following discussion about the group preferences, and the weather conditions.
We will give you a safety briefing about NZ beaches. And we will show you where everything cool in the selected beach is. Then, your time is your own. Enjoy and explore.
Lie in the sand. Swim in the ocean (or waterfalls or lakes), wander through the caves. And take lots of pictures! If you want to go surfing (conditions permitting) we can connect you with board hire or even lessons. (extra costs for these)
If you like, there is a packed lunch available (for a little extra)...
There are also cafes near two of these beaches.
Call +64272207297 to check availability...
- Collection and drop-off to central Auckland
- Transportation to TWO West Auckland adventure locations from the list above
- Swimming, if you would like to
- Skilled and professional guiding services designed to keep you safe
- Day 1 : The Black Sand Adventure Day TourThis is New Zealand's most adventurous day trip to the Black Sand Beaches Piha Bethells Dunes Muriwai Kitekite Falls Many other amazing locations In a Nutshell: Black Sand Tours are aimed at hikers, surfers, backpackers, families and anyone with a sense of adventure. None of our photos are marketing - we take hundreds of pictures every single tour, and make them available to our customers for free. Reasons to travel with us; 1. We take you to amazing places you will never find without us 2. We tailor every tour to suit the group on the day - meaning maximum fun for everyone 3. The day is usually a bigger adventure than most people expect 4. We will keep you safe, as you explore this beautiful coastline 5. You get a complete photo-log of your trip with us, included in the price Detail: We collect you at 10:00am from the central city You will spend six hours with us (drop-off between 3:30 - 4:30) We visit two of the locations above in a day. Customer preference for locations is heavily weighted in choosing the locations. Lunch is not included, but we stop on the way to let you purchase sandwiches / coffee etc and we eat in amazing scenery. You may swim. We take you swimming in some amazing places. However, you can chose not to if you wish. But you should plan to at least have your feet in some times. The tour is fine for Children over 4 - we promise they will sleep well at night! The tour is fine for elderly people but being able to walk for 30 mins on hills / etc is a requirement so if there are health concerns, message us for a private chat first. Activities: Activities vary at each location, depending on the weather conditions (surf, tides, wind, rain) and the group capabilities (fitness, swimming level, etc) but may include; Swimming in caves, waterfalls, rivers or lakes Crossing rivers Snorkelling lagoons Hiking Sand dune sprints Tide pool exploration (crabs, sea anemony, jellyfish, shellfish) Cave exploration Rock scrambling and bouldering Cliff divesMeals :None
Open 364 days a year.
We collect you from / drop you back to your Hostel.
Pickups are 9:45 - 10:00am (enjoy sleeping in!)
Drop-offs between 3:30pm-4:30pm
We will make a stop on the way out to the West Coast to allow you to purchase sandwhiches, sushi, coffee, etc