Boutique Wine Tour
Immerse yourself an afternoon amongst the boutique vineyards and splendid alpine scenery of Central Otago. Visit 4 premium vineyards over 2 contrasting wine regions, learn about the wine and pioneering history and visit the Historic Precinct of Old Cromwell.
Included is a delightful shared platter lunch and a glass of wine with lunch, as well as all tastings.
Some wineries are producing amazing craft beers as well! If there is someone coming along who would prefer beer, please let us know and we can try to accommodate.
Note: All vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian and gluten free diets can be catered for on request. Please inform us of your dietary requirements upon booking.
- Enjoy 12-15 tastings at 3 vineyards over 2 contrasting wine sub-regions (Gibbston and Cromwell/Bannockburn basin)
- Relax amongst good company with a delicious light platter lunch at a 4th vineyard
- Choose a glass of premium wine with lunch
- Visit Old Cromwell Town (time and weather permitting)
- Stunning drive through the Kawarau Gorge whilst learning about the early pioneering history of this rugged region
- View the historic Kawarau Bridge and the original AJ Hackett Bungy
- Maximum of 12 guests per tour creating enough atmosphere to be sociable but small enough to be interactive
- Complimentary hotel or central Queenstown pick up
- Tasting at 4 wineries in the Gibbston, Cromwell and/or Bannockburn wine regions
- Platter style vineyard lunch at one of the wineries
- Glass of premium wine with lunch
- Complimentary bottled water
- Day 1 : Boutique TourWe have a working relationship with the majority of the vineyards in the region. Our itineraries do change daily: A typical day looks like: 11:00am – Pick-up Central Queenstown 11:30am – 1st Vineyard – Tasting Gibbston Region 12:30pm – 2nd Vineyard – Platter Lunch & glass of wine – Bannockburn /Cromwell Region 2:00pm – Scenic Stop in Old Cromwell Town 2:15pm – 3rd Vineyard – Tasting Bannockburn /Cromwell Region 3:30pm – 4th Vineyard – Tasting Gibbston Region 4:30pm – Drop-off central QueenstownMeals :None
We run on various days of the week, phone for availability. Tour departs Queenstown from either the bus stop outside the Station Building on Camp Street or from central Queenstown accommodation. Tour runs from 11am and returns at approximately 4:30pm.
Optional Extras only: Wine purchases at client’s expense.