Cape Reinga and 90 Mile Beach Tour from Bay of Islands
Take an action-packed day trip from Paihia to the tip of New Zealand’s North Island on a guided tour of the north including Cape Reinga where the Pacific and Tasman seas collide. Your purpose built coach that offers free Wi-Fi will take you in comfort along 90 mile beach to Te Paki sand stream where you can try your hand at sand boarding one of the giant dunes.
During the day you will also take in stops at Taipa Beach for morning Tea , Ancient Kauri Kingdom , dig for some shellfish on 90 mile beach conditions permitting.
Join our passionate driver / guides for a unforgettable tour of the top of New Zealand & Discover the unique history, culture and landscape of New Zealand's Far North on a day trip to Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coach tour to Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach
- Sandboards provided
- Ancient Kauri Kingdom - award winning wood craft showroom
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Cape Reinga Lighthouse
- Entry/Admission - Te Paki Sand Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Ninety Mile Beach
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pickup from outside of Paihia or Kerikeri
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
Drive along Paihia before heading to Cape Reinga
Stop At: Cape Reinga Lighthouse, Cape Reinga 0484 New Zealand
New Zealand is not complete without a journey to the very top of the North Island – Cape Reinga (Te Rerenga Wairua). Uncover the wild beauty of this vast and untouched region that is rich in Māori culture and tradition. Your driver guide also doubles as a story teller, sharing the stories of this significant site where, according to Māori legend, spirits depart on their journey home to Hawaiki. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views, visit the iconic light house, and see the point where the Tasman Sea and the mighty Pacific Ocean come crashing together.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Te Paki Sand Dunes, Te Paki Stream Road, Pukenui New Zealand
Drive through Te Paki stream on the way to sand boarding at the Te Paki Sand Dunes
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ninety Mile Beach, Kaitaia New Zealand
Ninety Mile Beach is another highlight of the tour – you'll drive along the sand as waves crash beside the custom-built coach. Feel the sand between your toes as you help your driver guide dig for shellfish (conditions permitting). Don’t be alarmed when your driver takes the bus up Te Paki Stream towards the mountainous sand dunes, it's all part of the off-road experience. Clambering up then sand-boarding down the enormous dunes (if you dare!) will give your legs a stretch after the first part of the tour and get your heart pumping with excitement.Drive along 90 mile beach and stop if conditions permit
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands Day Tours, The Maritime Building 69 Marsden Road Paihia Waterfront, Paihia 1045 New Zealand
Your journey back to the Bay of Islands will be equally enjoyable as your tour guide's combination of local insight, extensive historical knowledge and fantastic sense of humour create an unforgettable adventure.
Pick up and drop off location for those who don't need a hotel pick up
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :69 Marsden Road, Paihia 0200, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If your pick up location is not on the supplied list please contact our reservations team 24 hours prior to departure who will advise the closest departure point.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Departures and itineraries may be subject to sea and weather conditions
- If you are staying in Russell a free return trip on the Fullers GreatSights ferry will be provided for you to get to your pick up point in Paihia, this service departs at 7am from the Russell Wharf
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Certain seats on the vehicles will be no sit zones for distancing, Increased contact tracing is in place so you are required to provide your details upon arrival. We are following the guidelines and precautions set by the New Zealand Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.