Cape Reinga Half-Day Tour Including Scenic Flight
Discover the rugged natural beauty of Cape Reinga, located on the tip of New Zealand's North Island. Perfect for those short on time who want to make the most of this splendid area, this combination scenic aeroplane flights and driving small-group tour showcases the best of the top end of New Zealand.
See the remote and beautiful silica sand beaches of Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay; wander the lighthouse at Cape Reinga, where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean; and enjoy refreshments at the beautiful Tapotupotu Bay.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Scenic flights to and from Cape Reinga
- 2.5-hour guided driving tour around top end of New Zealand
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup/drop-off at selected hotels in Paihia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Reinga Lighthouse, Cape Reinga 0484 New Zealand
This is the main point of interest during the vehicle tour. You will see the meeting of the two seas and can walk to the lighthouse to enjoy the views.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ninety Mile Beach, Kaitaia New Zealand
You will fly at lower levels over 90 mile beach before coming in to land at our airstrip south of the light house.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tapotupotu Beach, Cape Reinga New Zealand
During the vehicle tour you will stop at this beach for refreshments and a stroll on the beach
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Bay of Islands Airport, 218 Wiroa Road, Kerikeri 0293, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
For morning tours, passengers staying in the Paihia/Opua area can be picked up from their accommodation to transfer to the airport. For afternoon tours they would meet at our Paihia office on Marsden Road for pick up.Those staying in the Kerikeri area or further away will meet at the airport for checkin.All passenger should provide their accommodation details when booking so we can advise the pick up or meeting time.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All departures are subject to weather conditions
- During the winter months, due to wet weather, the aircraft may not be able to land at Cape Reinga; on these occasions a 2-hour extended scenic flight option over the Cape area will be offered
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.