Cape Winery Cycle Tour - 6 wineries, self-guided
Our most popular tour! Enjoy a full-day, self-guided biking tour to some of the regions finest wineries to enjoy wine tasting galore. We take you (and your bike) out to Havelock North to the starting point of your journey at Black Barn Vineyard. This trail cycles past 6 award-winning wineries along a 16km stretch of easy and scenic cycle pathways.
We pick you up at the Cape for a transfer back to the start. A truly memorable experience enjoying the best wineries of Hawke's Bay on a bike!
Talk to us about picking you up from your accommodation, FREE from Napier, $10 from Taradale, $20 from everywhere else.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bike, helmet and pannier hire
- Route instructions and trail map
- Wine purchases pick-up service
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Napier accommodation
What's excluded :
- Tasting fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Takaro Trails Cycle Tours - Day Tours, 9 Nelson Quay Ahuriri, Napier 4110 New Zealand
Meet here or request a pick-up from central Napier accommodation. Your tour includes bike, pannier & helmet hire, water bottle, route instructions & trail map, wine pick up service and return transport from Napier or Hastings i-sites or central Napier accommodation. (Min 2 people per booking).
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Black Barn Vineyards, Black Barn Road Rd12, Havelock North 4294 New Zealand
This is your starting point. You will be set up on your bike and be given a briefing on the route before you set off, cycling at your own pace to enjoy the scenery and visits to the various wineries along the way.
Your adventure starts at the wineries of Black Barn and Te Mata Estate. It is recommend you visit the Origin Earth Cheese Factory and Tasting Room where you can sample a range of delicious cheeses.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Te Mata Estate Winery & Vineyards, Te Mata Estate Winery, 349 Te Mata Road,, Havelock North 4157 New Zealand
OPTION Wine Tasting. Established in 1896, Te Mata Estate remains family owned, producing internationally recognized wines exclusively from its Hawke’s Bay vineyards. Well worth a stop to taste their wines.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Origin Earth Artisan Cheese Factory, 393 Te Mata Road Cheese counter and shop is now at the back of the factory. We are no longer a cafe., Havelock North 4294 New Zealand
OPTION Cheese Tasting. Origin Earth is a Hawke's Bay based and owner operated boutique dairy company. Origin Earth products are unique in that they are all crafted from single farm origin milk and the cow’s milk is sourced from Hawke’s Bay farmers who farm within an hour of the factory.
The Origin Earth Cheese Shop is located at 393 Te Mata Rd, Havelock North and is open six days - Monday to Saturday.
You will find the Cheese Shop at the rear of the factory - go straight down the drive to the back of the factory - just follow the signs.
The Cheese Shop showcases all our products under one roof plus we sell a range of local and New Zealand artisan goods that complement our cheeses, milk and yoghurt.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Clearview Estate Winery, 194 Clifton Road, Te Awanga 4180 New Zealand
OPTION Wine Tasting and lunch. Clearview Estate rustic cellar door greets you with a friendly warm welcome. Leave with a fabulous bottle or two of their acclaimed wines, or a few cases for your cellar! Lunch available here - bookings highly recommended during the summer months.
Open every day till 5pm during the summer.
This is usually your pick-up point - check with your driver what time you need to be here!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Elephant Hill, 86 Clifton Road, Te Awanga 4102 New Zealand
OPTION Wine Tasting. By now you'll be ready to taste some more fine wine at Elephant Hill known for its spectacular location and buildings.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Te Awanga Estate Vineyard, 376 Parkhill Road, Te Awanga 4172 New Zealand
OPTION Wine Tasting and lunch. A very relaxed vineyard where you can enjoy a wine tasting plus a platter or pizza on their green lawn. Sundays see live music and a great chilled out atmosphere. Open till 5pm.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- At the time of booking please advise your height so we can allocate the correct sized bikes for you.
- Please note that most wineries charge for tastings. The charge is around NZ$5-10 per person and is usually rebated against any purchases
- Opening hours at wineries vary, we will advise you where possible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.