Cardrona Mountain Carting
Experience gravity-fuelled excitement on the New Zealand's only mountain carts! No prior experience is needed for this fun downhill activity, just a sense of adventure & a thirst for FUN! Carting sessions last for 2 hours with multiple trails to choose from. How many hot laps can you squeeze in?!
With up to three mountain cart trails to choose from, take a scenic ride out to Captain's Basin or tear down McDougall's & master the art of drifting around sweeping bends. Ride the lift & get faster on every lap as you become more familiar with the course & our unique mountain carts!
- Action & excitement for all ages on 3 distinct tracks
- Unique to Cardrona Alpine Resort
- Stop & take in the view or race your mates!
- Heaps of time to get up to speed with a 2 hour session
- Hydraulic disc brakes mean security, even on steeper tracks
Lifts operate daily from 10:00AM–4:00PM (6:00PM in peak season*) and until 8:00PM every Friday night.
*Peak season December 26,2020 - Jan 31, 2021
per adult from
What's included :
- Full face helmet & overalls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- 2hr Cart Hire & Lift Pass
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from resort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cardrona Alpine Resort, Wanaka, Cardrona 9382 New Zealand
Collect your carting pass at the Cardrona mountain ticket office, or before you arrive at our Wanaka store, Cardrona corner.
Once you've taken in the incredible sights down the Cardrona Valley from our Base area, head to Cart HQ to collect your full face helmet, overalls & cart. After a quick safety briefing you'll head to the lift and the action begins!
We've got three mountain cart trails to choose from starting right from the top of the resort, check out that view! The longest trail is over 3km & spans all the way out to Captain's Basin, & back to Whitestar Express - ride the lift & get faster on every lap as you become more familiar with the course & our unique mountain carts!
A 2 hour carting session provides access to McDougall's Chondola & Whitestar Express.
All done and want to celebrate your laps? Swing by The Lounge for a coffee and food or treat yourself to our wide selection of craft beers & local wines.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Cardrona Alpine Resort, Cardrona Valley Rd, Cardrona 9305, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age to ride Mountain Cart alone - 8yrs old, minimum 12yrs to ride unsupervised
- Weather in the alpine can vary greatly from that in the valley, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.