Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach Express
A full day tour to Coromandel’s most famous natural attractions – Cathedral Cove & hot Water Beach.
The spectacular beauty of this coastline makes Cathedral Cove the most popular natural attraction on The Coromandel. We allow approximately 2 hours so you have time to enjoy the spectacular coastal walk to Cathedral Cove. A swim in the clear waters of the marine reserve is hard to resist!
As Coromandel’s leading tour operator our passionate local guides get to know the ever-changing conditions at hot Water Beach extremely well. Your guide will help you have a great time and make the most out of the conditions on the day. Departure times from Coromandel Town and Whitianga are arranged around the low tide at hot Water Beach so the self-dug thermal spas can be enjoyed to the fullest The Cathedral Cove Walkway is approx. 2.5km and takes you down to the sandy beach and famous rock arch of Cathedral Cove. The track is well graded with some hill slopes and approx 150 steps just above the beach. Walking time depends on fitness and ranges from 25 to 45 minutes each way. Discuss this with your guide if you have any concerns.
- Shovels provided on Hot Water Beach.
- Day 1 : A full 8-hour tour to Cathedral Cove & Hot Water BeachTour is designed according to low tide time on Hot Water Beach. Departure time varies accordingly between 7am/11.30am. Departure from Coromandel Town. Pick-ups available from Whitianga. 2 hours on Hot Water Beach and on Cathedral Cove each. Our experienced guides will find you the hottest spots to dig a bath on the Hot Water Beach. Shovels provided. Return back to Coromandel Town at 2pm/ 7.30pm. Overnight stay in Coromandel Town or Whitianga either before or after the tour is recommended.Meals :None
- Departure Days: one daily departure 7 days a week - subject to minimum numbers 3
- Departure time: varies according to low tide - either 7am or 11.30am.
- Main departure address: Carpark behind the Coromandel Information Centre, Woollams Ave
- Additional pick up locations and times: Whitianga iSITE 8.15am or 12.45pm
- Tour returs at: 3pm approx or 7.30pm approx (approx 8hrs in duration)
- Please contact Coromandel Adventures prior to the day of your departure to confirm the tour time for the day.
Let us know if you would like to upgrade your tour and replace the walk to Cathedral Cove with a one hour scenic boat trip of the Cathedral Cove Coastline, Marine Reserve and giant sea caves on the Hahei Explorer (additional $95NZDper adt) or do a 2.5 hour sea kayak trip to Cathedral Cove (additional $115NZD per ad).