Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Tram
Welcome aboard the Christchurch Tram! Travel on our newly extended track & enjoy this unique and historic way to view the inner city. Drivers provide a live and entertaining commentary. A full circuit takes 50 minutes, includes 17 stops and there are up to four Trams operating. Trams run approximately every 15 minutes and your ticket lasts all day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Tramway
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy a journey in style through the changing face of Christchurch’s city centre on board our beautifully restored heritage Trams, one of Christchurch’s leading attractions.
Friendly and knowledgeable drivers will inform you about the city, its landmarks and local sights. Your day-long ticket allows you to get on and off the Tram as often as you please!
The journey takes you to the appropriate stops for Punting on the Avon, and the Caterpillar Tour of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
Cathedral Junction, Avon River, Re:START Mall, Gothic-style Arts Centre, the Canterbury Museum and New Regent Street are just some of sights to be seen from the comfort of your Tram, or accessed from the 17 stops en route.
The journey begins at Cathedral Junction and travels through Cathedral Square before passing the Avon river, Re:START Mall and High Street on our newly-opened track extension. From here the tram rejoins our tram loop and passes the Canterbury Museum, Hagley Park, Victoria Square and New Regent Street. There are currently 17 stops along the route. The trams run every 15-20 minutes.
Departure Point :Any of the 17 stops
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Any of the 17 stops
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Seats are cozy and secure, but please note outside seats are not weatherproof
- Children must be accompanied on the trams at all times by a paying adult. For safety reasons, we allow one adult to supervise up to five children/infants aged 15 years and under
- Folded prams can be accommodated on board the trams
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.