Christchurch Scenic Helicopter Tour
It is only from the air that you can only appreciate the scale of Christchurch City's devastation and recovery following the 2010 earthquake. This 20-minute helicopter tour flies over the crumbled tower of Christchurch Cathedral, the new sports stadium and other signs of the city’s rebuilding as you listen to your pilot's commentary. Your 20-minute flight also takes you to the spectacularly scenic Banks Peninsula, then back toward Christchurch over the suburbs of Sumner and Redcliffs.
What's included :
- Live commentary from pilot
- Entry/Admission - Garden City Helicopters
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Stop At: Garden City Helicopters, 73 Grays Road Near Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 8042 New Zealand
After a safety briefing, Depart from our helibase at Christchurch International Airport by helicopter to view Otautahi, Christchurch from the air.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
An aerial view of the many green spaces of Ōtautahi, Christchurch. Such as: Dean Bush, The Red Zone and Hagley Park. Within Hagley Park is the Christchurch Botanical Gardens. A 21 hectare park with more than 10 different gardens framed by mature trees and expansive lawns, which are mostly contained within a loop of the Avon River.
Pass By: Christchurch Cathedral, Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Christchurch Cathedral is the focal point of Cathedral Square in the heart of Otautahi, Christchurch. This place of Anglican worship, which was badly damaged in the 2011 earthquake. View down on the repair work being done to restore this city landmark.
Pass By: Port Hills, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
View the Port Hills, a range of hills in Canterbury, named because they lie between the city of Christchurch and the sea port at Lyttelton. They are an eroded remnant of the Lyttelton volcano.
Pass By: Lyttelton Harbour, Lyttelton 2004 New Zealand
Look down on Lyttelton Harbour / Whakaraupō, one of two major inlets of Banks Peninsula. A harbour formed by an ancient volcano that has been flooded by the sea. A busy port for the city of Christchurch.
Pass By: Sumner Beach, Canterbury 8081, New Zealand
Sumner beach is a coastal seaside suburb that is a popular spot for surfing and swimming and sea fishing
Pass By: New Brighton Beach, Marine Parade, Christchurch 8061 New Zealand
From Waimairi to Southshore, the New Brighton beaches are just one of the many of Pegasus Bay.
The New Brighton pier is the longest in Australasia, an icon of the Canterbury region.
Departure Point :73 Grays Road, Yaldhurst, Christchurch 8042, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please bring a camera for photo opportunites
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Customers in wheelchairs will need to be able to lift themselves in the helicopter or have a helper who can lift them.
- wear warm clothing
- Share your photos to our Facebook or Instagram #gardencityhelicopters #gchaviation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized