City to Sea Electric Bike Tour
A relaxed 4 hour guided cycle journey following the Ōtakaro Avon River from the central city to the sea, along 18kms of riverside cycle path and roads that are now closed to motorised vehicles. The Ōtakaro Avon River corridor is a green space, connecting the city to the coast, that provides a picturesque yet sobering reminder of the 2010 / 2011 Christchurch earthquakes.
Your guide will share key points of interest and local stories as you wind your way through the city to New Brighton, where you can stroll along the iconic Brighton Pier to enjoy the seaside air. Our fleet of new electric urban cycles makes the journey an easy one, getting you to the coast with plenty of time to explore the beach, the village and the fantastic views of the Port Hills. An insightful half-day cycle journey that offers a different perspective of Christchurch. A minimum of four guests is required for the trip to depart, however this tour is also available on a private basis.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avon River, Christchurch New Zealand
Following the Avon River from city to sea is a popular ride. The 12km trail takes in a mixture of purpose built cycle and walking track as well as roads that have been closed to motorised vehicles following the 2011 earthquake. No longer a demolition zone, the Avon River corridor is a green space that bridges the city and coast. Enjoy a coffee in the village of New Brighton, take in the pier and seaside air. There is plenty of time to explore with fantastic views of the Port Hills and a different perspective on Christchurch.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Chill - Explore With Us, Awly Building, 287 Durham Street North, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Departure Time :9/21/2020 - 8/4/2022
9/21/2020 - 8/4/2022
Monday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Sunday: 10:30 AM - 02:00 PM Monday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Sunday: 10:30 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.