Coast and Rainforest Guided Eco-Tour from Auckland Including Lunch
This full day tour is for lovers of nature and walking, your experienced local nature guide will take you to a range of rainforest, beach and clifftop walks. The black sand beaches and rainforest of West Auckland are unique in New Zealand and this tour is a great way to experience the best it has to offer.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Picnic lunch
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arataki Visitor Centre - Waitakere Ranges, 300 Scenic Drive, Nihotupu, Piha, Auckland 0604 New Zealand
After pick up from your Auckland city centre hotel we have a short (30min) drive to the Arataki Visitor Centre – gateway to the coastal rainforest. Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views over the rainforest back to the city and across to Auckland’s southern harbour. The visitors centre is also home to some traditional Maori carvings and your guide will talk about them and explain their significance for the area.Your eco-tour includes a guided walk in an area of original rainforest where ancient kauri trees tower over the unique trees and plants that have developed separately from the rest of the world for millions of years. Your experienced guide will explain about the local plants and animals as you stroll through the forest.
Stop At: Karekare Falls, 1 Lone Kauri Road, Karekare, Auckland 0772 New Zealand
Next your guide will take you out to the west coast to enjoy a kiwi-style picnic lunch at a scenic location. After lunch walk the clifftop tracks with stunning views along the coast and out across the Tasman Sea. Then walk in regenerating rainforest with giant tree ferns and palm trees growing alongside the picturesque stream to unwind by a spectacular cascading waterfall.
Stop At: Waitākere Ranges, Auckland 0772, New Zealand
During the day we go to an awe-inspiring west coast beach where you can stroll along the soft black sand beach, watch the surf waves crashing in and feel the clear ocean breeze. This unique small group tour operator is a Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity and provides expert guided eco-tours in the greater Auckland region - a company delivering a quality product focusing on the natural and cultural heritage of the area. Winner of the Small Business Operator of the year for 2016 from the New Zealand Tourism Export Council
As well as keeping you entertained and informed, our guides will make sure you have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and make sure there are lots of photo opportunities. We have been running tours in this area for over 34 years so you will be being looked after by the local experts.
Departure Point :SkyCity Auckland, Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from selected Auckland hotels if your hotel is not in the list above please advise of Hotel name upon booking.Return point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate level of walking ability required.
- Please note: tour includes a minimum of 3x 1 hour walks, including stairs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers who find stairs challenging
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.