Coromandel Peninsula Highlights Small Group Tour from Auckland
This one-day tour to Coromandel will leave you feeling like you just found paradise and gives you time to enjoy the two main attractions, not rushing you like many other tours do. Visit the iconic and much photographed Cathedral Cove, (famous from the Narnia movies) and Hot Water Beach for some natural spa beach time.
• Cathedral Cove
• Hot Water Beach
• Coromandel Peninsula
• Native Bush Walk
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
What's included :
- Small Group and Fully Guided Tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Pass By: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Your tour starts in New Zealand’s largest city. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventure today but also point out and guide you past some of the city’s top highlights.
Pass By: Waikato, New Zealand
Exiting Auckland we travel south through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, encountering beautiful scenery, mighty rivers, great photo opportunities, impressive mountains and several farm animals along the way.
Stop At: Coromandel Peninsula, Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato Region, North Island
As we enter the Coromandel Peninsula we will begin to discover it’s untouched beauty. Famous as a favourite holiday spot for locals this area is rich with stunning white sand beaches, extensive native forests and unbeatable views of the Pacific Ocean coastline. We will stop many times for short walks to viewpoints and great spots for photos during our journey through this breath-taking area, on the way to our first feature destination.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cathedral Cove Walk, 65 Grange Rd S, Hahei 3591 New Zealand
Cathedral Cove, our first feature attraction, also features in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie. Cathedral Cove is one of New Zealand's most famous and beautiful beaches and a must do activity for any visitor to New Zealand. There are no roads to this beach so we will need to take a native bush walk to get there. Once we are there, we can take some time to relax, sunbathe, swim, play sport or just enjoy the spectacular views.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hot Water Beach, Hot Water Beach, Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato Region, North Island
Departing Cathedral Cove and after a yummy lunch (at own expense) our next stop is the renowned Hot Water Beach. Here you can dig a hole in the sand to create your own naturally-heated geothermal water bath. *Tip: Dig your hole at the edge of the beach to allow ocean waves to gently roll in and cool you off occasionally. What could be better than a natural geothermal spa on the beach!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Auckland, Auckland, North Island
Sadly after this day in paradise we must start to head north again but your day is not over with a fully guided return trip to Auckland including secret stops along the way.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Children aged 7 years and under are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours' notice).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons