Coronet Peak Tandem Hang Gliding INSTRUCTIONAL
We have the most experienced hang gliding team in New Zealand and there is no better place to try your hand at hang gliding than Coronet Peak! In the summer months we are able to take off from the Coronet Peak skifields which are the highest flying sites in Queenstown.
The friendly and highly qualified team is run by a 4 times NZ Paragliding Champion and runner up in the 2010 National Hang gliding Champs. He has over 30 years aviation experience. Take the challenge and enjoy this stunning scenic hang gliding flight!
The Instructional Hanggliding product is for those that would like to learn a little bit more about hang gliding and have a hands-on experience to fly the glider themselves (conditions permitting).
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Courtesy transport
- Local taxes
- Go instructional, get to fly a hang glider yourself
What's excluded :
- In-flight photos and videos available
- T-Shirts available
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs
Ever wanted to soar majestically through the skies like an eagle. Try Hang gliding off the Coronet Peak Skifield, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown. After a short ride from Queenstown you will arrive on take off. Get a full briefing with take off practise and learn what makes a hang glider fly. Shortly after you will be in the air with your highly experienced hang gliding instructor. Go instructional, fly a hang glider yourself under his supervision. Flight times on average are about 10 minutes. Fantastic views are guaranteed. After landing you will be able to check out the awesome photo and video footage of your flight. No obligation to buy. A short right back to Queestown follows, where you will complete your activity.
• Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
• Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, Coronet Peak, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
Departure Point :Ivan Clarke Gallery, 39 Camp Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Weight restrictions apply: minimum weight 20kg, maximum weight from October to March 90kg and from April to September 80kg, can vary throughout the year, depending on conditions
- Dress warm - the main thing is to wear sturdy footwear
- Please make reservations aware of any medical issues you have and we will advise whether flying is advisable or not
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing our activities. - Pregnancy, Heart Condition, Recent Sprains or Muscular injuries, Panic/Anxiety Attacks, High/low Blood Pressure, Bone Disorders, Fragile Skin, Dislocations, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Prosthetics, Neurological Disorders, Disabilities, Physical Impairment, Motionsickness
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- With NZ being currently in Covid19 Alert Level 1, PPE equipment is not required to be used, but masks and gloves are available, should participants wish to use it. Appropriate spacing in the vans is in place as well as contact tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.