Cruise Ship Wildlife and Cultural Tour with Lunch
This PREMIUM wildlife experience is tailored specifically for Cruise Ship passengers, see spectacular marine wildlife, learn from a conservation expert, discover intriguing Māori history, and explore the geological and biological diversity of our Otago Peninsula.
Join us to discover some of the iconic Otago Peninsula's wildlife residents; albatross, penguins, seals and sea lions, all call this place home. Our guide, Lyndon, comes with 30 years of hands-on species management in his previous role as a conservation ranger. Likewise, James has a passion for sharing in-depth knowledge, particularly in regard to his Māori heritage, a fascinating culture that is often overshadowed by Dunedin’s more recent European history.
Tour highlights include a boat cruise around Pukekura/Taiaroa Head and other wildlife viewing sites. We learn more about the people of this place, both Māori and European. There is no better introduction to this Southern City than a tour with Horizon Tours.
What's included :
- Light Lunch
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Taiaroa Head
What's excluded :
- While we endeavour to show you many animals along the way, they might have different ideas! We cannot guarantee seeing all species.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Dunedin, Dunedin, Otago Region, South Island
After meeting and pick up at Port Chalmers we take a harbour side drive to Dunedin. A quick city sight tour before we head to the Otago Peninsula
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Stunning drive above the harbour with spectacular coastal views
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hooper's Inlet Shed, 273 Allans Beach Road, Cape Saunders 9077, New Zealand
See wading birds on the stunning back drop of Hoopers Inlet
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Stroll along a sandy beach where we might encounter some wild locals including seals and sea lions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Harington Point 9077, New Zealand
Take a one hour cruise around the end of the Otago Peninsula to see a rich diversity of marine wildlife such as albatross, seals, other seabirds and sometimes penguins or dolphins.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up inside the Cruise Ship terminal building located at Port Chalmers (Port Chalmers is the Cruise Ship Terminal Port for visitors to Dunedin). Look for your guide holding a Horizon tour sign.Ports
- Port Chalmers
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing
- Dunedin is often windy and sometimes a wet city, we operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Lunch, snacks, tea and coffee are provided on this tour
- Medium level of fitness required, 20-30 minute walks included.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.