Dart River Combo: 'Funyak' Canoe plus Jet Boat Tour from Queenstown
Discover the untamed beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mount Aspiring National Park on this full-day Dart River 'funyak' (inflatable canoe) and jet boat tour from Queenstown! Travel by coach to Glenorchy, where your adventure begins, and then hop aboard a jet boat and ride up the picturesque Dart River. Speeding through a landscape of outstanding natural beauty, your tour passes the 'Middle-earth' countryside that featured in the popular 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. In a secluded stretch of the river, swap the boat for your own easy-to-handle funyak and then paddle behind your attentive guide before stopping for a buffet lunch in the great outdoors!
No previous canoeing experience is required on this tour, and your guide will paddle at a leisurely pace to suit the group.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip transport from Queenstown
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Jet boat ride
- Canoe tour
- Use of equipment: lifejacket, wetsuits and booties, fleece, dry bag
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
Dart River Funyaks is an amazing journey from Glenorchy deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on sparkling waters. Combine wilderness jet boating with unique Funyak in stable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River as well as hidden side streams, rock pools and dramatic chasms. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of this stunning area at your own pace as you float downstream, as well as a sumptuous buffet lunch before heading past Paradise and on to Glenorchy.
• Dart River Adventures, Camp and Shotover Streets Queenstown Information Centre, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
• Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
• Mount Aspiring National Park, Ballantyne Rd, Wanaka New Zealand
• Glenorchy, Glenorchy, Otago Region, South Island
Departure Point :The Station Information Centre, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: The Station Information Centre or selected Queenstown's hotels and accommodationsDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum height is 3.3 feet (1 meter)
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please dress appropriately: bring swimwear, a towel and warm clothes
- Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.