Dart River Combo: 'Funyak' Canoe plus Jet Boat Tour from Queenstown
Discover the untamed beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mount Aspiring National Park on this full-day Dart River 'funyak' (inflatable canoe) and jet boat tour from Queenstown! Travel by coach to Glenorchy, where your adventure begins, and then hop aboard a jet boat and ride up the picturesque Dart River. Speeding through a landscape of outstanding natural beauty, your tour passes the 'Middle-earth' countryside that featured in the popular 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. In a secluded stretch of the river, swap the boat for your own easy-to-handle funyak and then paddle behind your attentive guide before stopping for a picnic lunch in the great outdoors!
No previous canoeing experience is required on this tour, and your guide will paddle at a leisurely pace to suit the group.
per adult from
8 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Round-trip transport from Queenstown
- Jet boat ride
- Canoe tour
- Use of equipment: lifejacket, wetsuits and booties, fleece, dry bag
- Lunch - Picnic lunch
- Soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
Discover an untouched world and connect with nature on this action-packed full day journey deep into the heart of Mt Aspiring National Park. If you do only one activity in Queenstown. This is it.
Experience the exhilaration of a jet boat ride combined with a leisurely downstream float in our easy to use Funyaks (inflatable kayaks), a unique way to explore hidden side streams and a dramatic chasm inaccessible by other means. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of this untouched world at your own pace and enjoy a picnic lunch before heading through Paradise on a 4WD bus journey back to Glenorchy.
*No experience required
A unique journey combining kayaking with jet boating, nature, and adventure. Includes lunch! An hour of wilderness jet boating and spectacular scenery across the braided, glacier-fed Dart River to your Funyak launch site
Professional, friendly guides take you on an inspiring adventure as you gently drift back downstream in your own Funyak. Explore hidden side-streams, rockpools and a dramatic chasm.
Learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for our Nga-i Tahu ancestors, the early Ma-ori of the area.
• Dart River Adventures, 45 Mull Street Glenorchy, Queenstown 9300 New Zealand
• Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
• Mount Aspiring National Park, Ballantyne Rd, Wanaka New Zealand
• Glenorchy, Glenorchy, Otago Region, South Island
Departure Point :The Station - Home of Shotover Jet in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum height is 3.3 feet (1 meter)
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please dress appropriately: bring swimwear, a towel and warm clothes
- Please bring sunscreen and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.