Day Cruise - 6.5hours
We'll adventure out to some of the 144 islands out in the Bay, stopping off for an island walk up to an incredible vantage point over the Bay of Islands - so DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA!
Whilst we cruise, we'll be looking out for all that the Bay of Islands is famous for:-
- families of bottlenose dolphins playing, resting or hunting
- blue penguins
- dotterels, petrels and gannets
- Sometimes we'll spot sharks, whales or orca on our gentle cruise through the unique Bay of Islands habitat.
Key difference to other boats in the Bay: we don't have a fixed itinerary (e.g. to The Hole In The Rock) so we can take our time if we encounter wildlife that we want to spend time with/take photos of. PLUS we have the best crew around who learn everyone's name and make everyone who steps aboard feel special - only 36 pax aboard so a far more intimate experience than others.
- Buffet style lunch is included
- Kayaking, snorkelling, island visits
- Day 1 : The Rock Adventure Day CruiseKayaking, snorkelling, gathering fresh sea food, trekking across islands enjoying stunning vantage points and visiting ancient Maori fortifications. If conditions allow, we’ll gather mussels from the kelp-covered outer reefs to enjoy on the way home (along with the unique experience of eating sea urchins raw if you’re brave enough). You will have time to enjoy the remote beaches - perfect for a game of beach cricket or volley ball. On the homeward cruise, we’ll enjoy those mussels, freshly steamed, and watch out for the abundant marine and bird life…hopefully we’ll even see dolphins! We arrive back at Paihia wharf at approximately 3pm.Meals :None
You will be collected from Paihia Wharf at 8.15am. Look for our blue footpath sign on the wharf. After introductions and a safety brief, we head for the islands aboard our water shuttle, arriving at The Rock at 8.30am.
Pay of board for the following, or bring your own:-
Towel hire: $8
Wetsuit hire: $8