Devil's Bath Surreal Experience
Soak in a hot stream, marvel at a boiling mud pool and watch a geyser erupt in spectacular fashion at one of New Zealand’s most impressive geothermal wonderlands. Enjoy the surreal landscape and mysterious appeal of this active geothermal area in the Taupō Volcanic Zone. Look for the luminous green waters of the ominously named Devil’s Bath. Experience a land of fire and ice, Lake Taupō, a stunning natural cauldron, is ringed by snow-capped mountains, and Spectacular natural landscapes unlike those found anywhere else in the world, including crystal-clear lakes and unique geothermal hot-spots.
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to Lady Knox Geyser
- Admission to self-guided walk at Wai-o–Tapu thermal wonderland
- Visit to the stunning lake city of Taupō waterfront
- Visit mighty and majestic Huka falls
- Admission to New Zealand’s largest showcase of honey products
- Free tastings of 100% pure New Zealand honey, honey wine (mead) and liqueurs
- Discover the land of geothermal activities on this scorching stunning tour from Auckland!
- See all the highlights of Rotorua from bursting geysers to steaming hot mud pools
- Visit the thermal wonderland of Wai-O-Tapu and witness its unique volcanic features
- Explore the incredible Lady Knox geyser eruption with heights of 10 to 20 metres
- Walk through the surreal lunar-like environment to witness the volcanic wonders
- Carry on past the Champagne Pool, a bubbling hot spring famed for its brilliant orange rim
- Admire the Primrose Terraces, a set of glistening steps
- Witness the frightening display of geothermal chemistry, the Devil’s Bath
- Enjoy the largest fresh water lake in NZ, one of the main attractions
- Explore the scenic beauty of Lake Taupō by stretching your legs along the lakeside
- Free honey, mead and liqueur tastings, live beehive viewings and fascinating interactive displays
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Named “One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World" by TripAdvisor, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal area. Thousands of years in the making, this stunning landscape is nestled within a natural bush setting through which self-guided walks take between 30 and 75 minutes. The range of geothermal activity is extensive and includes huge volcanic craters formed by collapsing ground, steaming vents, sinter terrace formations, coloured hot and cold water springs among which is the world famous Champagne Pool. Presented daily at 10.15am is the eruption of the Lady Knox Geyser and ever active is the nearby “Mud Pool” where bubbling mud is always evident. Finish off your experience with a trip to the Mud Pool. A visit to Wai-O-Tapu isn't complete without it! The Mud Pool is located at the site of a large mud volcano that was destroyed by erosion in the 1920's. You'll discover why Rotorua is nicknamed "Sulphur City" here.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Taupo, Lake Terrace, Taupo 3330 New Zealand
We head on to the next stop to Marvel at the breath-taking geothermal scenery, stunning waterfalls and World Heritage-listed forest reserves, as you drive from the south of Auckland located in the centre of New Zealand’s north island lies the largest freshwater lake in Australasia. A land of fire and ice, Lake Taupō, a stunning natural cauldron, is ringed by snow-capped mountains, and surrounded by geothermal ‘hot spots’, such as bubbling mud pools, fumaroles and hot springs, so have your camera at the ready to capture all the amazing sights.
Explore the scenic beauty of Lake Taupō waterfront by stretching your legs along one of many lakeside walking trails. Take a step away and enjoy the complete peace and quiet of water's edge picnic spots and elevated viewing areas.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
You'll be amazed by the majestic Huka Falls - an incredible waterfall that thunders 11m into the Waikato River below and boasts the title of being New Zealand's most visited natural attraction. This incredible waterfall is the most-visited natural attraction in New Zealand – it’s hard to tear your gaze away from the endless, mesmerising torrent. Experience dazzling views of the falls and river from the pedestrian bridge. Looking upstream from the footbridge over the Waikato River where the watercourse squeezes into the narrow gorge and results in a bit of turbulence.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Huka Honey Hive, 65 Karetoto Road Wairakei Park, Taupo 3384 New Zealand
Rich, full and flavoursome, discover the largest range of honey and honey-based products in Aotearoa. Excite the senses, be tempted by an amazing array of 100% pure New Zealand honey, mead, natural health and wellbeing products and unique gift ideas. A unique taste experience with free honey, mead & liqueur tastings. Live beehive viewings and fascinating interactive displays. Discover health & wellness products, divine honey-based skincare products. Complete your experience by relaxing in lounge or gardens with a coffee or delicious honey ice-cream.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items
- Easy and good fitness level required
- Being an active geothermal area with uneven terrain, sturdy footwear is recommended.
- Jandals, sandals, flip-flops or high heeled shoes are not suitable.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons