Devil's Bath Surreal Experience
Experience a land where myth and legend come to life, where the earth boils, mud heals, and steam disappears into the clouds above with the town of Taupo that sits at the edge of Australasia's largest lake, and the activities available in the area are as diverse as the landscape itself.
Named “One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World" by TripAdvisor, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal area. Presented daily at 10.15am is the eruption of the Lady Knox Geyser and ever active is the nearby “Mud Pool” where bubbling mud is always evident.
A popular attraction is the Māori rock carvings on the cliffs of Mine Bay. These can only be accessed by water so lake cruises are a great way to explore them. Towering 14 metres above the waters of Lake Taupō, the Māori rock carvings have become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the north island of New Zealand.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation
- Entry to self-guided experience at Wai-O–Tapu thermal wonderland
- Entrance to Lady Knox Geyser
- Entry to fully guided 2.5 hour boat cruise
- Complimentary tea, coffee, and hot chocolate on deck
- Comfortable seating both inside and out
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Named “One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World" by TripAdvisor, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal area. Thousands of years in the making, this stunning landscape is nestled within a natural bush setting through which self-guided walks take between 30 and 75 minutes. The range of geothermal activity is extensive and includes huge volcanic craters formed by collapsing ground, steaming vents, sinter terrace formations, coloured hot and cold water springs among which is the world famous Champagne Pool. Presented daily at 10.15am is the eruption of the Lady Knox Geyser and ever active is the nearby “Mud Pool” where bubbling mud is always evident. Finish off your experience with a trip to the Mud Pool. A visit to Wai-O-Tapu isn't complete without it! The Mud Pool is located at the site of a large mud volcano that was destroyed by erosion in the 1920's. You'll discover why Rotorua is nicknamed "Sulphur City" here.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Step aboard, explore Lake Taupō, and discover its natural beauty and hidden wonders with an eco-friendly cruise with Sail Barbary.
Leave your cares and the shoreline behind and set sail across the crystal-blue waters of Lake Taupō. Investigate the hidden bays and beautiful coastline as you enjoy stunning vistas guarded by majestic mountains, enduring witnesses to Taupō’s volcanic past. Explore the culture, history, and sustainability of the region as you voyage to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. We will take you right up close to the 14 metre high face of Ngatoroirangi.
Sit back and relax or jump in and learn to sail. Experience Lake Taupō from a unique perspective.
Free refreshments including tea, coffee, hot chocolate. We are licensed but you are welcome to bring your own. In the summer swimming is encouraged.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Huka Falls Rd, Taupo, Hinuera New Zealand
Just in 10 minutes’ drive from Taupō town centre, along a beautiful forest-clad road that passes the world-famous luxury resort, you’ll hear the Huka Falls well before you see them – it’s the sound of nearly a quarter of a million litres of water per second erupting from a natural gorge and thundering 11m into the Waikato river below. This incredible waterfall is the most-visited natural attraction in New Zealand – it’s hard to tear your gaze away from the endless, mesmerising torrent.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.