Discover Auckland’s Black Sand Beach and Rainforest with waterfalls & Bush Walks
Discover Auckland’s black sand beach and rainforest and waterfalls only 30 minutes from the Auckland central city. Choose from multiple guided bush walks, learn about New Zealand’s eco system at Arataki Visitors Centre as you take in the spectacular views of the Waitakere Rainforest with the background of the Manukau Harbour hovering at a distance.
Take a guided walk along the rugged west coast with the panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean, or dip your toes at Piha Beach. Whatever your fitness level, we will customise the tour to suit.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - Lunch is prepackaged sandwich
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Access off Hillside Crescent Mount Eden Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1024 New Zealand
Your Waitakere rainforest and black sand beach discovery tour will begin with a brief tour of Auckland City, take a brief walk along with locals on to the Mt Eden Summit an inactive Volcanic mountain with a 360 degree view of Auckland City, Waitakere Ranges and the Hauraki Harbour
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Be driven through Auckland’s Nearest Park housing the iconic Auckland Museum with its hardy trees and water works
Stop At: Bastion Point, Hapimana Street, Mission Bay, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
You will enjoy your drive through Parnell village, with its eateries and art scene along Auckland’s Tamaki drive with views of the Auckland harbour to Bastion point.
Bastion point has been a place of special interest to Maori and The Michael Joseph Memorial holds a special place for Kiwis for it holds the memorial of New Zealand’s most loved Prime Minister.
Explore the well manicured gardens with spectacular views of Downtown Auckland and Rangitoto Island
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Titirangi, Titirangi, North Island
Our drive to Waitakere Regional Park will take us through suburban Auckland streets to Titirangi Village, a small town on the western edge of Auckland with its coffee shops and eateries and an art gallery.
Stop At: Arataki Visitor Centre - Waitakere Ranges, 300 Scenic Drive, Nihotupu, Piha, Auckland 0604 New Zealand
Merely 40 minutes from Auckland City, The hills of the waitakere are actually remnants of ancient volcanoes. A Panoramic view of The Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean over the lush and rolling hills of the waitakere rainforest will greet you from the Arataki Visitors Centre.
Learn about the New Zealand wilderness and the many plants and creatures both recent and from ancient Maori times here.
Take a walk on a bush trail and see the eco system and the many flora that grows here, visit the 600 year Kauri tree and the Kauri cathedral.
There are many bush walks for you to choose from, depending on your fitness level. Please note that some of the walking trails are closed to Kauri die back threat.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piha Beach, Piha, Auckland New Zealand
Your discovery tour will continue to Auckland’s black sand beach, where you can take a walk on the beach, not recommended for swimming unless there are lifeguards in attendance.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport transfers extras, please contact us at the time of booking Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Queens wharf
- Princess wharf
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note the tour itinerary is for information only, this itinerary will be customised to suit.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.