Discover the Poor Knights Small Group Tour from Auckland
The ultimate small group Poor Knights Day trip from Auckland for a perfect day out on the water exploring the amazing World Heritage site. Lunch, snorkeling and kayaking equipment supplied and included in the tour price. Optional scuba dive upgrade available. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. We have amazing, passionate guides who always have a lot of stories to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journeys too, that make our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of Kayaking equipment
- Boat Cruise from Tutukaka on board 'A Perfect Day'
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Scuba dive upgrade (available to purchase)
The ultimate small group Poor Knights Day trip from Auckland for a perfect day out on the water exploring the amazing World Heritage site. Lunch, snorkeling and kayaking equipment supplied and included in the tour price. Optional scuba dive upgrade available.
Jacques Cousteau named this little bit of paradise one of the top diving and snorkelling spots in the world. With some of the world's best snorkelling, breath-taking scenery, an abundance of marine mammals, the world's largest sea cave plus many other caves, sea birds everywhere, unique flora, rock history, great food, kayaking and relaxing on the large comfortable launch, this marine reserve trip cannot be beaten.
Head out 23 km on an open ocean trip to the Poor Knights islands encountering any number of marine life on the way. Once at the island there are many hidden harbours to choose from, so you will always be sheltered and comfortable. Your hosts will take you on a tour to show you the splendour of these islands including a visit right inside the world’s largest sea cave. After the tour you can enjoy snorkelling or kayaking, and a sumptuous buffet lunch onboard the boat, before heading back to shore, and Auckland.
• Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve, Whangarei New Zealand
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20-30 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
- Auckland Airport (Pick up from Butterfly creek)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.