Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise (Half Day)
Welcome to our #bigbluebackyard
Enter nature & wide open spaces on a Bay Explorer wildlife cruise. Join us for a shared lifetime experience and help protect wild marine animals.
Your Half Day Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise begins as you’re welcomed aboard the Bay Explorer at Tauranga waterfront jetty. You will spend the cruise exploring the pristine Bay of Plenty coastline and islands where we will showcase the amazing diversity of marine wildlife including dolphins swimming along side our vessel. Watch seasonal seabirds, penguins, seals, whales, sunfish, school fish, sharks, orca...even turtles!
Our Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise is tailored to those wanting a genuine kiwi experience in nature. It’s a story about our human intrigue with amazing marine animals and their habitat. Participate by searching on the large top deck for that once in a lifetime wildlife encounter. We have limited our passenger numbers for comfort and to enable a more personal experience. Our large spacious boat is also ideal for families.
The Captain and experienced crew lust to share their marine knowledge with you and will provide fascinating commentary and point out all that they see so you won’t miss a thing. A shared lifetime experience. Don’t forget your camera as we are able to get up close to wildlife, making it a photographer’s dream.
You will return to Tauranga by 2:00pm so you will have the rest of the day to explore our beautiful region, the Bay of Plenty, or continue your travels!
- A half day cruise on our spacious 18 metre vessel with 360° outdoor views.
- Close-up encounters with some of the best marine diversity in New Zealand
- Comfortable fully enclosed seating downstairs and a large open sun-deck for wildlife watching.
- Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife.
- Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew
- Photos of a lifetime!
- Day 1 : Dolphin & Wildlife Cruise• A full day cruise on our spacious 18 metre vessel with 360° outdoor views. • Comfortable fully enclosed seating downstairs and a large open sun-deck for wildlife watching. • Some of the best marine diversity in New Zealand. • Close-up encounters with seasonal marine wildlife – penguins, seals, dolphins, whales, sunfish, school fish, seabirds, sharks, turtles and orca. • Cold beer and chilled regional wines from our licenced bar and non-alcoholic beverages (Eftpos available). • Food options or bring your own lunch and snacks • Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife. • Our friendly, professional Bay Explorer Crew • Photos of a lifetime!Meals :None
Check in at 8.30am on our boat Bay Explorer for a briefing at 8:45am, we depart from The Strand, Tauranga (opposite the Starbucks Cafe). Look for our white kiosk where you will see our signs out by the Jetty. Departure is at 9am. You will be back between 1pm - 2pm, so you have the rest of the day to explore our beautiful region!
Cold beer and chilled regional wines from our licenced bar and non-alcoholic beverages (Eftpos available)